Recruiting Community Manager [Position filled]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
Short version
Hellu! My business partner and I need a competent person to fill our community manager position on our soon-to-open retro. Unpaid. Experience not necessarily required. Experience != ability.

See the "requirements" in the full version below, and I highly recommend you read it if interested.

Hello, you!

Me and one of my fellow countrymen, decided some time ago to try our luck with English retros. Our retro has yet to open, but we're lacking one key person in our management: a community manager. We're looking for a person for this position because between studies, work and timezones there are certain limitations in our group of two (which techinically isn't even a group - yet).

This position is unpaid, so if it's money you're looking for - you're not wanted here.

Description of work
The Community Manager is the face of the retro, managing communications in both directions. (S)he is responsible for all communications, PR, social media, events, and content creation, among other things.
While every day as a Community Manager is different, this is what the role’s responsibilities may include:
1. Content creation – writing articles, creating communications materials (artwork of sorts) and material for social media channels and building public rooms.
2. Marketing – growing our presence in the world. Cheesy, but obvious. You are head of marketing, making sure our online numbers go the correct way.
3. Events and event planning – planning and hosting regular events. Everything from small sudden events to others such as ROTW.
4. Customer relations – you will help users in need of help if asked for help. At an early stage we won't hire moderators or other staff to deal with this.
6. Strategy planning – you are responsible for creating strategic plans to provide direction for the retro.
You are of course not alone in this. Me and my business partner will obviously be around to help as much as we can.

Requirements for applicants
We need a person with
  • an outgoing personality
  • excellent writing skills in English
  • an interest in retro
  • willingness to work as often as possible
  • a culture relativistic point of view (I basically don't want a racist)
  • access to Skype
It would also help if you have
  • experience in a similar position
  • experience in graphics
We don't believe that experience equals ability. Even if you don't fully meet our requirements - please apply!

Why join up with us?
Well, for one we are not completely new to this game. I'm a fully capable technician, but I'm not very outgoing and at times not very friendly either. My friend is much more friendly and outgoing and will work as hotel manager. Difference is that he will not run the day-to-day business.
Another reason is that our hotel is new and has yet to open. You will now be able to influence the project before it even opens.
We're not looking to make money off of this - but rather make a good community, which I suppose is everyone's goal.
Lastly, we will be starting off with an 8GB RAM server hosted in the US, and we will use this until we feel the need to move to a dedicated server (or upgrade it, whichever comes first).

We're not looking for unserious people, but if you're interested please either respond with your application or hit me up with a PM. If you choose to send a PM, please also respond to this thread incase others have objections or comments to make about you. I will not be providing an application template, as you should be able to figure out what we're interested in. Call this a test, of sorts. Just make sure to include your skypename, and previous work if you have any graphic experience.

Apologies for being vague about the retro details, but we have yet to open so I'd rather not expose our domain and server at this point in time.

Kind regards,
Evilsmoothie

Last edited:

GageDodd

Sep 30, 2014
Hello @Evilsmoothie I would like to apply!
1. Skype: GageDodd
2. I have had previous experience at many retro including me owning my own retro!
3. I can also do graphic work
This is what i can do
We need a person with

Green-Checkmark-small.png
  • an interest in retro
  • a culture relativistic point of view (edit: oops, initially wrote ethnocentric)
  • access to Skype
Thank You For Reading! I hope i have satisfied you!

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
Nice to see someone taking a retro seriously and striving to produce a wonderful community. Hope you find someone capable and end up succeeding. Looking forward to your hotel.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
Short version
Hellu! Me and my business needs a competent person to fill our community manager position on our soon-to-open retro. Unpaid. Experience not necessarily required. Experience != ability.

See the "requirements" in the full version below, and I highly recommend you read it if interested.

Hello, you!

Me and one of my fellow countrymen, decided some time ago to try our luck with English retros. Our retro has yet to open, but we're lacking one key person in our management: a community manager. We're looking for a person for this position because between studies, work and timezones there are certain limitations in our group of two (which techinically isn't even a group - yet).

This position is unpaid, so if it's money you're looking for - you're not wanted here.

Description of work
The Community Manager is the face of the retro, managing communications in both directions. (S)he is responsible for all communications, PR, social media, events, and content creation, among other things.
While every day as a Community Manager is different, this is what the role’s responsibilities may include:
1. Content creation – writing articles, creating communications materials (artwork of sorts) and material for social media channels and building public rooms.
2. Marketing – growing our presence in the world. Cheesy, but obvious. You are head of marketing, making sure our online numbers go the correct way.
3. Events and event planning – planning and hosting regular events. Everything from small sudden events to others such as ROTW.
4. Customer relations – you will help users in need of help if asked for help. At an early stage we won't hire moderators or other staff to deal with this.
6. Strategy planning – you are responsible for creating strategic plans to provide direction for the retro.
You are of course not alone in this. Me and my business partner will obviously be around to help as much as we can.

We need a person with
  • an interest in retro
  • a culture relativistic point of view (edit: oops, initially wrote ethnocentric)
  • access to Skype
It would also help if you have
  • experience in a similar position
  • experience in graphics
We don't believe that experience equals ability. Even if you don't fully meet our requirements - please apply!

Why join up with us?
Well, for one we are not completely new to this game. I'm a fully capable technician, but I'm not very outgoing and at times not very friendly either. My friend is much more friendly and outgoing and will work as hotel manager. Difference is that he will not run the day-to-day business.
Another reason is that our hotel is new and has yet to open. You will now be able to influence the project before it even opens.
We're not looking to make money off of this - but rather make a good community, which I suppose is everyone's goal.
Lastly, we will be starting off with an 8GB RAM server hosted in the US, and we will use this until we feel the need to move to a dedicated server (or upgrade it, whichever comes first).

We're not looking for unserious people, but if you're interested please either respond with your application or hit me up with a PM. If you choose to send a PM, please also respond to this thread incase others have objections or comments to make about you. I will not be providing an application template, as you should be able to figure out what we're interested in. Call this a test, of sorts. Just make sure to include your skypename, and previous work if you have any graphic experience.

Apologies for being vague about the retro details, but we have yet to open so I'd rather not expose our domain and server at this point in time.

Kind regards,
Evilsmoothie
My business partner and I *

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
My business partner and I *
Oopsie, thanks. Fixed x3
Nice to see someone taking a retro seriously and striving to produce a wonderful community. Hope you find someone capable and end up succeeding. Looking forward to your hotel.
Thanks! A lot of time and money have already gone into this project. To be honest, it would be sad to see it fail before even getting of the startline.
Hello @Evilsmoothie I would like to apply!
Hey! Thanks for applying, but your application is rejected. Not going to detail why, because I don't want people to know exactly what I'm looking for. That means they can fake their application.

Still looking!

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
Whats ur skype?
Check my profile -> information. Will be unavailiable there till friday.
You spelt Hello wrong.
Spamming for "poster of the month" now, are we? That was intentional and you know it. I'm not interested in a debate on it, so please don't reply as it's nothing but spam. (Edit: and just to stop you from comparing your post to Leader's - that was a grotesque mistake.)

Thought I'd drop by and say I'm still looking. This forum really has died over the past year. Sad.

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
To be fair, the thread may as well be closed...
Well now, how's that "fair"? Doesn't sound like it to me. I'd like to think I'm atleast persistent - which is not a bad fucking trait in this 'business'.

What's wrong?
The crap response. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong here. All the people who have contacted me thus far (and yes - there has been a few against the dead response in the thread) 'require' the retro to be open. That's stupid. I'm looking for a community manager who is willing to help start a retro, not a position hunter. I understand where they're coming from, but for christs sake, I've already made this plenty clear which tells me they didn't fucking read my post. facepalm.jpg

Whatever, I'm not giving up... Yet..

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015
Well now, how's that "fair"? Doesn't sound like it to me. I'd like to think I'm atleast persistent - which is not a bad fucking trait in this 'business'.

The crap response. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong here. All the people who have contacted me thus far (and yes - there has been a few against the dead response in the thread) 'require' the retro to be open. That's stupid. I'm looking for a community manager who is willing to help start a retro, not a position hunter. I understand where they're coming from, but for christs sake, I've already made this plenty clear which tells me they didn't fucking read my post. facepalm.jpg

Whatever, I'm not giving up... Yet..
The fact the hotel isn't up for me to judge if it's worth the effort I'd potentially have to put into it is a turn-off, you shouldn't expect people to apply for a position if they can't see the work so far to just say, "Wow okay, I'm up for the task sir!". Plus Devbest is dead and full of staff hunters in this section for the most part with no proper experience or managerial skills, better off searching on actual hotels because you'll probably have better luck finding people. Keep in mind that a majority of people hype themselves up unless you've actually heard of them before.

Virgin

i am a virgin
Apr 6, 2016
How can you call a copyrighted game a business? Unless your into that illegal shit aye! But what floats your boat....

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
The fact the hotel isn't up for me to judge if it's worth the effort I'd potentially have to put into it is a turn-off, you shouldn't expect people to apply for a position if they can't see the work so far to just say, "Wow okay, I'm up for the task sir!". Plus Devbest is dead and full of staff hunters in this section for the most part with no proper experience or managerial skills, better off searching on actual hotels because you'll probably have better luck finding people. Keep in mind that a majority of people hype themselves up unless you've actually heard of them before.
As I said; I understand. I am willing to show and prove progress - but I'm not willing to give the URL to a person who isn't sure (s)he wants the position in the first place. In regards to go on hotels to find people; no. As you said: people hype themselves up.
How can you call a copyrighted game a business? Unless your into that illegal shit aye! But what floats your boat....
Were you dropped on your head as a baby? Which fucking section do you think you're replying in? Edit; and answer my question, or are you just typing shit uncontrollably and not really thinking it through?

Last edited:

Virgin

i am a virgin
Apr 6, 2016
Yeah, I was bud! Yeah, were in the habbo section so stfu...
As I said; I understand. I am willing to show and prove progress - but I'm not willing to give the URL to a person who isn't sure (s)he wants the position in the first place. In regards to go on hotels to find people; no. As you said: people hype themselves up.

Were you dropped on your head as a baby? Which fucking section do you think you're replying in? Edit; and answer my question, or are you just typing shit uncontrollably and not really thinking it through?

Evilsmoothie

Mad kung-fu artist
Feb 11, 2013
Yeah, I was bud! Yeah, were in the habbo section so stfu...
Great! Now that we know you had a shit upbrining (considering people dropped you on your head), it sort of explains your lack of reading comprehension. You keep avoiding my question. Stop it, or gtfo. You are spamming my thread with irrelevant crap at this point.

So for the last time (this means I have asked this every, single, fucking, time) answer my question:
Well now, how's that "fair"?

Xylo

邪悪
Jul 21, 2015

Then you should close the thread, nobody with common sense will join up on a project they don't get to see. Goodluck though.

P.S. Hi @Virgin person, you chose your name realistically, but here are some other names you could choose that accurately describe your circumstances aswell: imbecile, moron, idiot, autism, fool, brainless, puerile, or you could just search up other synonyms for 'stupid' tbh.
Really nigga? Really? You have the audacity to put @Hashh in second place in terms of lack of brain cells? Fucking savage mate. Hashh you have a rival in the race to the trophaeum of ignorance. (Trophaeum is a greek myth about a tower, I know you won't understand because you're inept)

Enjoy the banter and have a free bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread