Client is just completely black - no errors showing on inspect element console

SentimentalX

Society is deteriorating.
Feb 9, 2019
Hey, I've been on the attempt to create a little retro just for a couple of friends and I've been having the same issue ever since I had joined this forum with my retro creation attempt. This is just on localhost as I just want to test for now however I have got the CMS fully functional, imported the database correctly both for the CMS and the Original Database provided with PlusEMU however when going to localhost/client. The "Fullscreen" and "Rules" button which comes with the CMS works fine however the screen remains black.

Plus EMU Release 2 seems to run completely fine and everything loads when I run it on the CMD however it has no difference on the client page. I am sure I have correctly configured both external_variables and the external_override_variables as well as the config provided with RevCMS. I will leave a link to the thread where I had got the CMS and a hastebin link to the client.php as my best guess would say that it is the file causing the issue.

CMS Thread: (As per seen on the thread, people have seem to have gotten the client to work and to the bare minimum people have got the Client page to at least show the loading bar which I fail to do)

Client.php:

Edit 1: Does this line need to be changed - looking back its the only thing I haven't changed:

swfobject.embedSWF(BaseUrl + "TwistNew1.0.swf", "client", "100%", "100%", "10.0.0", "{swf_folder}/expressInstall.swf", flashvars, params, null);

If so, what does "TwistNew1.0.swf" need to be changed to as well as "{swf_folder}/expressInstall.swf}"

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
There is no option or pop-up like I usually would get to enable flash player. Nor are there any indications in the URL area that it can be enabled.
If it's not coded in properly, it wont show a pop up.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Users who are viewing this thread