[Bukkit] How to create a minecraft server on bukkit! [Bukkit]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magicalz

Aug 4, 2011
Uh, youve forgotten a few things.

1) Make sure your firewall dont block the port you have it set at, otherwise nobody cN connect.
2) if you get a "cannot find 'java'" error, its because you havnt installed the latest Java. Youll need this to boot the server.
Otherwise, good tutorial!

BetaSparkUK

Steamworks & Greenlight Developer
Mar 25, 2013
Listen, I've got a really simple method to fix all your Java issues, open notepad and type the following:
'java -Xmx650M -Xms650M -jar minecraftserver.exe nogui'
Save as a .bat and then run it, make sure the file is in the same folder as Minecraft, and enjoy!

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Listen, I've got a really simple method to fix all your Java issues, open notepad and type the following:
'java -Xmx650M -Xms650M -jar minecraftserver.exe nogui'
Save as a .bat and then run it, make sure the file is in the same folder as Minecraft, and enjoy!
Why run it on 650mb? 1GB would be a best fit for a MC Sever.

BetaSparkUK

Steamworks & Greenlight Developer
Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, I guess. As long as it works for people, whatever. My bukkit server is pretty good on 1GB.

Great!
Well sometimes the servers run better with lower memory. This is usually for one of the following reasons.
  • If you give your server too much space, it may become flooded, which will crash the server and corrupt files.
I know that issue from past Experience, just try not to overflow the data you give it. I mean, giving it 1tb might cause some issues. Since I did this with my dedicated server, and it went awfully wrong. Never put more than about 5gb's. Unless you are using a hosting company to provide it, as they would have the nessasary skills to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread