Building my own PC.

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
Hey Devbest,

I'm thinking about buying a new pc, but after doing some research I decided why not just make my own? I'm really new to this but I love doing new things (I'm a fast learner).
Can someone tell me where to start at? A list of items (best + cheapest) that I will need will be great!
It will not be a 100% only gaming pc, but I want it to be a pretty neat/fast one.

-Thanks!

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
I have converted the previous build to Intel, giving you the option of both.
There is a $25 increase, there is also some feature lost for the motherboard, with alot less slots for Hardrives.
Just so you are aware, there is a Micro ATX motherboard and an ATX case.

Jump

You are beautiful beyond comprehension
Feb 16, 2011
It can fit, the selected case has options for all ATX sizes. I would have loved to go for a bigger one, but without losing performance I couldn't go lower and without it being more expensive I cannot go bigger.

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Any suggestions?
Just get something along the lines of an i5 CPU, 1TB western digital HDD & a SSD for your boot if you want to speed things up like you previously stated you did(around 120GB)?, 8GB of Corsair RAM, case is your choice but corsair also have some nice cases if you want to spend a bit on a good case, as for the GPU I'd probably look for a mid range Radeon but when buying a PSU make sure it has plenty of watt as some cards can be quite greedy so read reviews on them and their requirements.

That doesn't really matter most of the time it just means you will have plenty of space inside your case, its just if you have a ATX motherboard and a micro case then well yeah you're gonna need a chainsaw to make space for it to fit lol.

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
Lets clear things up, what sizes for what case do I get? I plan to get a mid tower case, size mobo should I purchase?

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Lets clear things up, what sizes for what case do I get? I plan to get a mid tower case, size mobo should I purchase?
You can get a standard or a smaller one, that's your choice and if you are unsure about what a certain case requires then it should probably state what motherboards it supports on the page where you are purchasing it from.

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
You can get a standard or a smaller one, that's your choice and if you are unsure about what a certain case requires then it should probably state what motherboards it supports on the page where you are purchasing it from.
And are you able to list all the parts I need?

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
And are you able to list all the parts I need?
Use this to help you if you are unsure of the different case/motherboard sizes available -

But to avoid confusion if i were you i would probably just go for a standard ATX case with a standard ATX motherboard.

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
Use this to help you if you are unsure of the different case/motherboard sizes available -

But to avoid confusion if i were you i would probably just go for a standard ATX case with a standard ATX motherboard.
Do you have any builds that have been made that have the specs everyone is talking abt? (Intel and such)

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
So I started to pick out my own build, this is what I got atm.
3a4742a7f28f2b4d04b81259ea232633.png

Sab

I love milfs.
Jun 25, 2011
I've asked around, everyone seems to like the build, although some others say that I should get another video card.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
If you're smart, remove the SSD/HDD and RAM from the build and just wait until you see a decent deal show up on slickdeals.net. Only other thing I would change on that build is the H97 to Z97 mobo

Users who are viewing this thread