BlackBerry to expand BBM service to iPhone, Android devices.

Kalt

May 13, 2013
Bit of spam up above, nevertheless.

Most of the people I know personally, prefer Blackberry Messenger over WhatsApp and most of them have iPhones and when I told them about Blackberry Messenger maybe going over to iOS and Android they were ecstatic.

I reckon lots of people will move to Blackberry Messenger, but we'll see when it comes to that, no?

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
Adil has a point, why give your phone number when you can just give your BBM PIN? And.. the fact that once BlackBerry finished constructing all of the features, it'd be better than WhatsApp.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Looks like I was right all along. BBM is released, gets a 4.5 rating. After 1 million downloads on the Android OS, that rating has now dropped to 3.0. WhatsApp still has 100,000,000 downloads on Android along with a 4.6 rating.

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
In all, I love BBM. Its easier, I've never tried it before but as people said it before, I would rather give out my "PIN" than my real number, Also to mention, BBM also provides alot of features.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
If I was whatsapp etc I'd start to think of new features and ideas as I'm certain now BBM is cross platform that it'll pass whatsapp and others active users

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
In all, I love BBM. Its easier, I've never tried it before but as people said it before, I would rather give out my "PIN" than my real number, Also to mention, BBM also provides alot of features.
If you're afraid to give out your number to certain people, then you shouldn't even be conversing with those type of people.
If I was whatsapp etc I'd start to think of new features and ideas as I'm certain now BBM is cross platform that it'll pass whatsapp and others active users
Not at the rate they are going. Their servers couldn't even handle the amount of sign ups on release, leaving thousands of people (including many prominent reviewers in the tech industry) waiting on an activation email that has still yet to come. On Android, it's only compatible with 4.0 and up. There's millions of people who can't even test it out because of compatibility issues.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
If you're afraid to give out your number to certain people, then you shouldn't even be conversing with those type of people.

Not at the rate they are going. Their servers couldn't even handle the amount of sign ups on release, leaving thousands of people (including many prominent reviewers in the tech industry) waiting on an activation email that has still yet to come. On Android, it's only compatible with 4.0 and up. There's millions of people who can't even test it out because of compatibility issues.

In that case the tech industry shouldve registered when it first got announced, as soon as the app was released i was able to sign in straight away as i pre registered. and the compatability issues, they told everyone you need a certain OS to use it, like many apps, tbh the que system is good as it stops pressure on the servers as is what made them post pone it last time

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
In that case the tech industry shouldve registered when it first got announced, as soon as the app was released i was able to sign in straight away as i pre registered. and the compatability issues, they told everyone you need a certain OS to use it, like many apps, tbh the que system is good as it stops pressure on the servers as is what made them post pone it last time

So your solution is to tell your consumers it's their fault for not preregistering? They stopped the rollout on Android in September after the leak because their servers could't handle 1 million active users... You think they would have been better prepared, especially if they want to compete with WhatsApp (which has no issues handling 1 billion messages a day).

They've already messed up by coming out with a service that they should have released in 2010. Then they reschedule the release to the same day as an Apple event that they already knew about. It's like they want to fail.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
..and WhatsApp is for blind people, because there's no other possible way someone could realistically stomach it's atrocious UI.
I guess that's why they have 300 million active users compared to Kik's 50 million registered users. Kik also limit group chats to only 9 people. Just my work group chat on WhatsApp has 14 people. My family group chat is above 30 people.

Hindi

System.out.println(" ");
Dec 30, 2012
I guess that's why they have 300 million active users compared to Kik's 50 million registered users. Kik also limit group chats to only 9 people. Just my work group chat on WhatsApp has 14 people. My family group chat is above 30 people.
If I had to pick between Whatsapp and Kik, Whatsapp is best imo, Kik is just gross.

Users who are viewing this thread