BlackBerry to expand BBM service to iPhone, Android devices.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Like Sopel said, The name BlackBerryMessenger, was designed for BlackBerry. They will probably change the name.

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Great idea i loved my blackberry but not as much as iphone, when i switched over i missed bbm so much easier to start conversations, #wheelberry

Matthewza

Posting Freak
Apr 20, 2012
Great idea i loved my blackberry but not as much as iphone, when i switched over i missed bbm so much easier to start conversations, #wheelberry

Yeah, That's true but doesn't Iphone already have something like BBM but they called it Imessage isn't it the same thing? :p

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Yeah, That's true but doesn't Iphone already have something like BBM but they called it Imessage isn't it the same thing? :p
yeah but with bbm you would see peoples updates and their status, eg offline busy, etc. And also with bbm when somebody changed their profile pic that minute you would know oh they're by their phone and you can just say hi much easier like. "dope profile pic" thats the difference between imessage i think.

Matthewza

Posting Freak
Apr 20, 2012
yeah but with bbm you would see peoples updates and their status, eg offline busy, etc. And also with bbm when somebody changed their profile pic that minute you would know oh they're by their phone and you can just say hi much easier like. "dope profile pic" thats the difference between imessage i think.

Oh, Sweet I can't wait xD

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Whatsapp's going downhill if this happens.
BBM is a lot better.
BBM will be offering limited features to Android and iOS devices when it first rolls out. The rest of the features of BBM won't be released until later in the year. BBM has 60 million active users. WhatsApp has over 200 million active users (more than Twitter). Over 12 billion messages are sent on WhatsApp daily. WhatsApp can also be used on Android, iOS, Blackberry, Symbian and Windows Phone devices. The reverse engineered WhatsAPI on GitHub also allows me to use it from one of my server's terminal.

It is like saying AOL releasing a new email interface would affect Gmail.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
I can't wait I was gonna buy a Blackberry for BBM so I could get my creep on, but now I will be able to from iPhone! Can't wait

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
WhatsApp is quite big actually - "BBM has 60 million active users." Think of it this way, it has 60 million active users and ONLY works for blackberries, now if it were to expand to iOS and Android imagine how many people would leave whatsapp? Blackberry Messenger is easier to use and has more features.

Even if they add features slowly rather than all in one go it will grow to be better than WhatsApp imo.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
WhatsApp is quite big actually - "BBM has 60 million active users." Think of it this way, it has 60 million active users and ONLY works for blackberries, now if it were to expand to iOS and Android imagine how many people would leave whatsapp? Blackberry Messenger is easier to use and has more features.

Even if they add features slowly rather than all in one go it will grow to be better than WhatsApp imo.
Describe how BBM is 'easier to use'. Explain why people would leave something they already use with their friends, family, and co-workers to something that those same people are most likely not using. Your logic is flawed in saying people would leave WhatsApp.

The main feature BBM has that WhatsApp does not have is screen sharing (dunno why you even need to screen share on mobile devices). WhatsApp can also become so much bigger since it uses the XMPP protocol. The fact that I don't even need a phone to message someone I know on there is a huge plus.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Describe how BBM is 'easier to use'. Explain why people would leave something they already use with their friends, family, and co-workers to something that those same people are most likely not using. Your logic is flawed in saying people would leave WhatsApp.

The main feature BBM has that WhatsApp does not have is screen sharing (dunno why you even need to screen share on mobile devices). WhatsApp can also become so much bigger since it uses the XMPP protocol. The fact that I don't even need a phone to message someone I know on there is a huge plus.
You can reverse engineer BBM too.. And you need a phone number to message someone..

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
Also, I'd rather give out my pin number to some people for BlackBerry Messenger rather than my phone number.

Ecko

Nov 25, 2012
You can reverse engineer BBM too.. And you need a phone number to message someone..
Link me to a usable BBM API then. Derp, of course you need a phone number to message someone. The WhatsAPI let's me message a phone with WhatsApp by me placing my phone number/IMEI number in one of the files:

Users who are viewing this thread