Avalon - A new forum CMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormy

Apr 11, 2013
Hello everyone.

Today I present a brand new forum CMS, named Avalon It will not be released, but it will become a developers forum, only for developers!

Avalon is a unique system developed by a small team.
Soon there will be an open beta, so everyone can test it!

Enough talk, we go to the screenshots!

1#
2#

We will keep you informed of the latest updates!

Ubuntu

Professional Slag
Apr 2, 2015
I like it but it's really boring, no offence. It would be cool if you could add styles like phpbb and xenforo. But right now, it looks pretty bland.

But good job, wish you the best on this project!

Stormy

Apr 11, 2013
That looks really, really nice. Any chance of a code snippet?
Of course
PHP:
if(stristr($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], 'function.language.php')){
    die('Avalon - Acces denied');
}
function setLanguage() {
    global $lang,$TPL,$newLanguage,$usr;
    $newLanguage = Avalon::$engine['system']['language'];
    if(file_exists(AVALON_ROOT. '/inc/_languages/'. $newLanguage .'.lang.php')) {
        require AVALON_ROOT. '/inc/_languages/'. $newLanguage .'.lang.php';

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I'm not quite sure what to make of the design. I think I like it, but it doesn't suit a forum layout. How many forums do you see with a big hero header? What's that going to be filled with. It'll mean you'll have to provide placeholder images, or they'll have to design something that'll fit it and still look good resized

Anyway best of luck

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
Great design, but like Mark said I'm not sure if it is suitable for a forum. Since there basically isn't any code to critique, I'll make a few suggestions.

1. Make headings actually look like headings. You need to user a bigger font size to make it noticeable, instead of just changing the color of the text.
  2. Instead of having a link saying "search", why not just add the search bar?
  3. Reduce the top and bottom padding in the parent nodes, as it doesn't look appealing tbh.
  4. I'm not really feeling the navigation. Although you did a good job with contrasting colors (blue bg, white text), I think you should dim the background a bit so it looks like a darker shade of blue, or something.

Regardless, the design seems pretty good. If you need any help with coding or designing the forum, I'll be glad to help.

Quaster242

Dec 7, 2014
This system can't be using for anyone, it's a private project for me and Stormy.

Recent updates
  • We 're using TwigPHP Template Engine
  • Using OOP PDO
  • We 're busy with new features -> Friendly user system, shoutbox and more

- Quaster242

Examed

Я весь высший лидер из вас всех
Aug 7, 2014
This is a bit nice, hope you finnish it

Lame

Nov 6, 2014
Can I just say, I fucking love this. From the header to the footer, It's amazing. The style, atleast for me, is on point. If you were to release, I'd download in a heartbeat.

Vanish

Rising Java Developer
Dec 8, 2013
Erm, I like it tbh.
Fix the logo though and use a different font in the header maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread