Auto-merge double posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
Well I've saw a lot of Moderators having to warn and even infract people for double posting. So I suggest you implement this simple add on so that double posts are automatically merged and no-one has to get into trouble.

Ari

Sep 29, 2010
Well I've saw a lot of Moderators having to warn and even infract people for double posting. So I suggest you implement this simple add on so that double posts are automatically merged and no-one has to get into trouble.

agreed i'm sick of getting infracted :L

Cablink

http://www.vroleplay.net - join now!
Feb 4, 2011
I am also sick of getting infracted, but I have learned, to just edit post ;)

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
Yes, you forgot to say, we will not need any mods, and that all the members can be lazy and just double post all the time.

Zack

Jul 12, 2010
Yes, you forgot to say, we will not need any mods, and that all the members can be lazy and just double post all the time.

how is adding this feature anything like suggesting mods will not be needed? mods have more jobs to do than just to watch for people to double post.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
how is adding this feature anything like suggesting mods will not be needed? mods have more jobs to do than just to watch for people to double post.

The biggest rule break is double posting, go do some searching on the forums yeah? This was also suggested before, I hope it doesn't come, as idiots will only abuse it.

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
The biggest rule break is double posting, go do some searching on the forums yeah? This was also suggested before, I hope it doesn't come, as idiots will only abuse it.

How can you abuse it? As it merges double post and doesn't bump them so there's no way really you can abuse it.. It's basically just an easier way of editing your post. Also it's a Moderator jobs to moderate everything, such as abuse, off-topic etcetera.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010

Going to be honest, I would have thought the biggest rule breaks would either be abusing other members of the forum, or hacking the site.. not double posting.

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
It's for retards who don't know how to use the forums and follow the rules, it can be added it would make my job easier I guess, but it's easy anyway? ohwell

Bazinga

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2010
It's for retards who don't know how to use the forums and follow the rules, it can be added it would make my job easier I guess, but it's easy anyway? ohwell
That's exactly my point, I never thought it would cause an trouble as it just makes your life easier which I thought would be helpful rather than a hindrance.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
I think that this should not be implemented. It doesn't make sense as you should be able to follow the rules anyway. (If you're tired of getting infracted for double-posting, then edit your first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread