Apple iOS 8

Whip

- FiveM Server Developer -
Nov 6, 2013
OS 8 is the biggest iOS release ever — for developers and everyone else. But that wasn’t the goal. We simply set out to create the most natural experience. Each enhancement has a purpose. Every new feature deserves to be a new feature. Each function is more considered, each next step is more efficient. It all adds up to an even better experience — one that is pleasantly surprising at first and becomes utterly indispensable before you know it.

What are your thoughts on iOS 8

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
I have the latest beta on my iPod 5, and I personally despise iOS 8 already, First of all, it has a lot more UI updates, which contain very bad color mixtures, and plus the new keyboard is almost impossible to type on...and it's a lot slower in my experience...I mean I could test it on my iPhone 5 but I rather not mess with it , as I spent a lot of work on my jail broke phone.

Ept

Many men wish death upon me.
Jun 16, 2011
I have the latest beta on my iPod 5, and I personally despise iOS 8 already, First of all, it has a lot more UI updates, which contain very bad color mixtures, and plus the new keyboard is almost impossible to type on...and it's a lot slower in my experience...I mean I could test it on my iPhone 5 but I rather not mess with it , as I spent a lot of work on my jail broke phone.
It has almost no UI changes.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Uh, I don't know what you're talking about. iOS8 UI hasn't barely changed from iOS7 (including the keyboard). It may be slower due to your iPod being older gen.

BetaSparkUK

Steamworks & Greenlight Developer
Mar 25, 2013
Uh, I don't know what you're talking about. iOS8 UI hasn't barely changed from iOS7 (including the keyboard). It may be slower due to your iPod being older gen.
It's due to the iPod being an older gen already seen it on the apple forums.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
My iPod is brand new...literally. I will test it on my iPhone later on which is also brand new, but the keyboard has a more android like keyboard now...which i personally dislike. A lot of the colors have also changed (On the control panel, etc). The nice thing about it is the faster access to your recent contacts, but other than that it's not the best.

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
My iPod is brand new...literally. I will test it on my iPhone later on which is also brand new, but the keyboard has a more android like keyboard now...which i personally dislike. A lot of the colors have also changed (On the control panel, etc). The nice thing about it is the faster access to your recent contacts, but other than that it's not the best.
Keyboard changed in iOS7 not 8.. None of the colours changes in iOS8

Ept

Jun 16, 2011
Your iPod may be "new", but the hardware is almost two years old now. The main features in iOS8 are behind the scenes, and you'll be able to notice them once developers update their apps to take advantage of Metal, widgets, extensions.

TrueJewix

Aug 9, 2012
Man, I see no point of buying Iphone 6. I bet their going to make Iphone 6s/Iphone 7 about 6 months after the release..

Ept

Jun 16, 2011
Man, I see no point of buying Iphone 6. I bet their going to make Iphone 6s/Iphone 7 about 6 months after the release..
Correction: one year after release. If you keep on saying that, you might as well buy a Nokia 3310, as there is no successor to it.

Vanish

Rising Java Developer
Dec 8, 2013
I don't wanna sound like a total noob here (i'm not that much of a pro @iphones) How do we get Ios 8 though?

Users who are viewing this thread