uttmmmm5

May 18, 2016
Hey there,
I have a few problems with ddos attacks against me!
However, i saw at another habbo retro a nice ddos-protection.
If you attacked the ip (or the domain) directly, then you were forwarded to another website (empty server) and the attack was then useless and don't reached the original hotel-IP.
Does someone know how i can do this ?

Best Regards

distributi0n

Jul 22, 2017
So i only must buy a HTTP Proxy and the redirect every dns record to the http proxy instead of the server ip ?
And on my server i don't must change anything ?
And this will work ?
Yes, don't put your server IP anywhere in CloudFlare, send it to the proxy and the proxy will then validate the request and only let it through if its legitimate, you'll need to put your server IP in your proxy configuration though, they are the only outside source that should know your server IP.

Also, you see this?
kdjVaM4.png

Click it, and make sure its this
Yh9WQpf.png

This will tell CloudFlare you want a second proxy, which just overall boosts your security, if you don't enable this people will be able to easily get your first proxy's IP just by typing "ping <domain>" into a terminal, do the above for ALL records that lead to your proxy IP.

Sledmore

Chaturbate Livestreamer
Staff member
FindRetros Moderator
Jul 24, 2010
This comment is so misleading. HostSavor is a reseller of OVH, which as I previously said can easily be dropped.

OVH servers come with their free AntiDdos Pro package, their firewall router which is meant to migrate attacks pretty well but it really doesn't... and in before you say "I've never been hit" you can never ever say just because you haven't been hit anyone else will, you probably haven't even reached importance where someone has even put effort into attacking you.

Tbf, HostSavor are probably reselling the lower tier OVH servers (SoYouStart), we no longer bother using proxies or any sort of external server for Habboon and we are fine, the only difference is we use OVH itself, which offers permanent mitigation, our real IP is always exposed and we do just dandy, wasn't the same story some months ago though.

distributi0n

Jul 22, 2017
Tbf, HostSavor are probably reselling the lower tier OVH servers (SoYouStart), we no longer bother using proxies or any sort of external server for Habboon and we are fine, the only difference is we use OVH itself, which offers permanent mitigation, our real IP is always exposed and we do just dandy, wasn't the same story some months ago though.
I mean my comments are from when I tried them out last year, I have heard they've got a lot better, people also really disliked the support but that's also got a lot better according to people I've spoken to.

They've probably got a lot better in migrating attacks and the fact that you said you're probably getting permanent mitigation which probably does a better job. You'll be fine without any external servers or proxy's but only for so long, until a big attack hits you I guess, I just prefer to be covered for most possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread