uttmmmm5

May 18, 2016
Hey there,
I have a few problems with ddos attacks against me!
However, i saw at another habbo retro a nice ddos-protection.
If you attacked the ip (or the domain) directly, then you were forwarded to another website (empty server) and the attack was then useless and don't reached the original hotel-IP.
Does someone know how i can do this ?

Best Regards

uttmmmm5

May 18, 2016
Ok you don't understood me.
I already use an OVH server, i also already use CloudFlare.
But this things are to low...
And my homepage and 1-2 times my emulator goes down too by a simple flood attack.
My question is it now, if someone know how i can build an "own" ddos protection that works like this:

If IP: XXX.XX.XX.X make more than 60-70 requests per second on my IP and/or on my domain then this IP should be redirecting to another, empty Server with a subdomain like secure.habbo.com...
Do you understand what i mean/need ?

yoyok

Apr 24, 2013
Ok you don't understood me.
I already use an OVH server, i also already use CloudFlare.
But this things are to low...
And my homepage and 1-2 times my emulator goes down too by a simple flood attack.
My question is it now, if someone know how i can build an "own" ddos protection that works like this:

If IP: XXX.XX.XX.X make more than 60-70 requests per second on my IP and/or on my domain then this IP should be redirecting to another, empty Server with a subdomain like secure.habbo.com...
Do you understand what i mean/need ?
This is not a good option.
You need to stop a attack before it reach your server.

uttmmmm5

May 18, 2016
This is not a good option.
You need to stop a attack before it reach your server.
How you will stop an DDoS Attack before it reached your server ?
That's nearly impossible.
CloudFlare & co are too low, unfortunately.
And with my option you can redirect the attack to an empty server - i saw some hotels that have this feature but they don't wanna tell me how to do this xD
Thats the reason why i asked here at devbest if someone knows this "redirect-system" and knows how i can build this by myself.
This "system" only works against flood attacks but these are the most used DDoS attacks.

yoyok

Apr 24, 2013
How you will stop an DDoS Attack before it reached your server ?
That's nearly impossible.
CloudFlare & co are too low, unfortunately.
And with my option you can redirect the attack to an empty server - i saw some hotels that have this feature but they don't wanna tell me how to do this xD
Thats the reason why i asked here at devbest if someone knows this "redirect-system" and knows how i can build this by myself.
This "system" only works against flood attacks but these are the most used DDoS attacks.
Huge attacks will overload both servers, also the empty server. But if you really want this method, I can set it up easily for you.

uttmmmm5

May 18, 2016
Huge attacks will overload both servers, also the empty server. But if you really want this method, I can set it up easily for you.
Why both servers will overload ?? Not the attack will be redirect, the attackers IP will be redirect completely to the empty server and don't can connect anymore to the correct server - only to the empty server.
Then the empty Server will overload but that doesn't matter.

yoyok

Apr 24, 2013
Why both servers will overload ?? Not the attack will be redirect, the attackers IP will be redirect completely to the empty server and don't can connect anymore to the correct server - only to the empty server.
Then the empty Server will overload but that doesn't matter.
Attackers these days use advanced methods to take your website offline. I recommend you to change your server IP and set up a proxy IP in your client. With this method it will be almost impossible to find your server IP.

uttmmmm5

May 18, 2016
Attackers these days use advanced methods to take your website offline. I recommend you to change your server IP and set up a proxy IP in your client. With this method it will be almost impossible to find your server IP.
In germany, the most used method is a simple flooding attack. Thats why my idea is good.
And you can find every server IP with wireshark.... unfortunately... (I use proxy but someone find my ip too....)

yoyok

Apr 24, 2013
In germany, the most used method is a simple flooding attack. Thats why my idea is good.
And you can find every server IP with wireshark.... unfortunately... (I use proxy but someone find my ip too....)
If they can use Wireshark, I bet one of them can also launch a huge DDos attack.
It's all about the settings and security you've on your server.

Core

Nov 10, 2016
Create a load balancer...
1. Use cloudflare as will provide basic HTTP protection and will hide original IP.
2. Use a 'tcp proxy' for the client.php as it will hide original IP and the majority of them are load balanced servers on strong networks that can handle attacks.

distributi0n

Jul 22, 2017
Hey there,
I have a few problems with ddos attacks against me!
However, i saw at another habbo retro a nice ddos-protection.
If you attacked the ip (or the domain) directly, then you were forwarded to another website (empty server) and the attack was then useless and don't reached the original hotel-IP.
Does someone know how i can do this ?

Best Regards
Sounds like a HTTP proxy

Use an OVH Vps, or dedicated server or someone who uses OVH Servers as their Server Provider, all have DDoS Protection.
I wouldn't even bother, OVH can easily be downed by even a small botnet.

It all depends on what you have at the moment. Does the attack know your real server IP, or did you have a proxy on at the time? If they know your real server IP then they can send a direct attack to your server, with a proxy you have something standing in front of your server, taking all the damage and keeping your server safe.

Create a load balancer...
1. Use cloudflare as will provide basic HTTP protection and will hide original IP.
2. Use a 'TCP proxy' for the client.php as it will hide original IP and the majority of them are load balanced servers on strong networks that can handle attacks.
I like this idea, although Cloudflare's proxy can easily be bypassed (attack wise), it does hide your IP, but it doesn't achieve what he's trying to do...

I would suggest you have the following setup (for your website)
Visitor -> HTTP Proxy -> Cloudflare -> Server -> WebServer -> Website

For the client, it uses TCP so I would probably suggest something like this.
Visitor -> /client -> TCP Proxy -> Emulator

I would suggest this website, it provides cheaply affordable proxies, and claims to have a 980 GBPS firewall. I've seen people evade Botnets with it. Purchase the HTTP and TCP proxy plan, it'll protect your website and client.

Cloudflare Pro plan also provides a medium level protection.

If you're a bit more flush and don't mind splashing out, I would opt for Incapsula, but the above site should do what you need.

uttmmmm5

May 18, 2016
Good idea with the http proxy. But how i must config this in my cms? Or does the http proxy protect my homepage even it is only configured in the proxypanel or must i input the http proxy to my cms ? If yes, how ?
A TCP Proxy i already use :)
i will look at blazingfast, thanks!

distributi0n

Jul 22, 2017
just buy a hostsavor server and you sorted pal
This comment is so misleading. HostSavor is a reseller of OVH, which as I previously said can easily be dropped.

OVH servers come with their free AntiDdos Pro package, their firewall router which is meant to migrate attacks pretty well but it really doesn't... and in before you say "I've never been hit" you can never ever say just because you haven't been hit anyone else will, you probably haven't even reached importance where someone has even put effort into attacking you.

Main point is, you'll need a or a few even, extra layers of security, a proxy should keep you safe from most attacks.

Good idea with the http proxy. But how i must config this in my cms? Or does the http proxy protect my homepage even it is only configured in the proxypanel or must i input the http proxy to my cms ? If yes, how ?
A TCP Proxy i already use :)
i will look at blazingfast, thanks!
You just redirect cloudflare to the proxy IP, chose one close to your traffic location

Last edited:

uttmmmm5

May 18, 2016
So i only must buy a HTTP Proxy and the redirect every dns record to the http proxy instead of the server ip ?
And on my server i don't must change anything ?
And this will work ?

Users who are viewing this thread