Show DevBest 5hort.NET Url shortening service!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
yourls-logo.png

So 5hort.net is a url shortening service! 5hort.net works off of Yourls and it is fully customized for personal use. You can now shorten links and they will be simple and short! You can share them on twitter ect. More to come soon to it as I am developing some plugins! ;D

Link:

Enjoy!

Updates:

We are finally done, after days of work I have made it to were I can show you guys the first phase of the site. We are now not only that we have a new sites completely redone, it consists of a fully functional templete system and much more.

What to come:

(1) Complete news system from scratch.

(2) More templates.

If you have anymore ideas just comment and it will be considered. As this is BETA I will appreciate if you give me some feedback.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Seems good Rob, hope to see you develop more onto it and make it more unique and better.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
Seems good Rob, hope to see you develop more onto it and make it more unique and better.

Thanks Sindre! I am trying to develop more onto it so far I just added a navigator with nothing but I will be adding more soon hopefully.

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
My personal opinion is that .tk websites are a turn off. You should atleast get a decent website name.

Also maybe a more web 2.0 layout, with jquery and fancy client side interaction.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
My personal opinion is that .tk websites are a turn off. You should atleast get a decent website name.

Also maybe a more web 2.0 layout, with jquery and fancy client side interaction.
This is a beta also its alright I pay enough for all the virtual things I own and I pefer a .tk domain how ever everyone has there own opinon,

tyr0ne

Mar 29, 2012
This is a beta also its alright I pay enough for all the virtual things I own and I pefer a .tk domain how ever everyone has there own opinon,
You have to put yourself in your visitor's shoes. Why should I go to your site instead of bitly? Having this and that feature that others don't have is nice for people, and makes them want to come back. If the design is more appealing, if there's fancy jquery actions and the page is never reloaded, etc. Those are things I wanna see on a site. (I here being the general visitor on the site)

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
You have to put yourself in your visitor's shoes. Why should I go to your site instead of bitly? Having this and that feature that others don't have is nice for people, and makes them want to come back. If the design is more appealing, if there's fancy jquery actions and the page is never reloaded, etc. Those are things I wanna see on a site. (I here being the general visitor on the site)

This is "BETA" and I honestly dont care what you pefer to use its all up to you.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
hey if you can't accept criticism don't post. im trying to give you tips on how to improve

Lol yet you dont understand I am going to update the site as time go's on to my prefrence. How I like it will be the way it stays. ;) if you dont want to use it then dont. Simple enough

iJackson

Mar 6, 2012
Im not trying to be mean but, you have kinda jammed together shit together. I don't personally like it
1. .tk sucks if you want the real deal buy a .com domain
2. You need to build your own proper website tinyurl'er not some random codes you found on google.
I would also do the same idea tbh. If it gets success full buy a .com domain :up:
I wish best of luck to you the site and the future
Jackson

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
Im not trying to be mean but, you have kinda jammed together shit together. I don't personally like it
1. .tk sucks if you want the real deal buy a .com domain
2. You need to build your own proper website tinyurl'er not some random codes you found on google.
I would also do the same idea tbh. If it gets success full buy a .com domain :up:
I wish best of luck to you the site and the future
Jackson

I already got 2 .com domains and I rather not spend 8.00 on a domain also .tk is short so I like it better.
Nothing is jammed together also its not random codes from google, nice try.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
Anyone knows any pages I should add to the site? I was thinking but couldnt figure what to add.... Give suggestions please! ;D

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
How about a stat tracker?
Daily Stats, Monthly Stats, Unique Hits etc...

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
How about a stat tracker?
Daily Stats, Monthly Stats, Unique Hits etc...

Im thinking about that I was auctually going to show top 5 or something I will see tonight ;D

My webhosting fucked up for some reason I will be fixing this site withing a hour or two sorry about it my webhosting been going through alot and after the server changes they keep getting problems.

Got it back up and all, considering to get a domain, will decide soon! Also I am planning on redoing the whole site layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread