£50 Budget gaming pc competition.... Yerp.

WockoLad

SELECT * FROM `lads` WHERE `username` = 'WockoLad'
Dec 24, 2014
Me and 3 bunch of friends have decided to see what PC's (used for gaming) we can snag for £50.00.

Anyway, my friends don't know how to build PC's bearing in mind their only 14, so am I but i've been taught from a young age. Anyway. I have some old parts lying about from a Dell Dimension 660s (2011 Model). It contains the folliwing specs:

• Intel Core i3 (2nd Gen) 2120 / 3.3 GHz
  • 4GB 1600 DDR3 RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics ( I did add a Low Profile 512mb AMD Radeon)
  • 1TB Seagate Barracuda (Replaced for a 120gb Corsair SSD).
  • Windows 7 Home Premium (Upgraded it to Windows 10 before I wiped it as i'm not using it).

Anyway, I'm thinking of keeping the original board, case, SSD, CPU and upgrading to 8GB RAM, (£35.00)
and a Low Profile Nvidia GeForce 210 (1GB DDR3, 512mghz) (£15.00). I'll also buy a new Win10 License so I can get Speed on the Machine. And laugh as my friends PC's will take like 2 mins to boot to Windows and mine will take 10 seconds. We've agreed that it has to run Minecraft Smoothly at Medium Settings.

Also bear in mind that my friends are very weak when it comes to Hardware & Software.

Would this PC be alright?

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Then fuck.
If you really want to go so low on a budget which I wouldn't recommend, I'd say use the whole 50 on a better GPU.

Why? It will be much beneficial in your case, that extra RAM won't really do much if you are only playing Minecraft so that would be a waste.

• Intel Core i3 (2nd Gen) 2120 / 3.3 GHz
  • 4GB 1600 DDR3 RAM
  • New GPU
  • 120gb Corsair SSD
  • Windows 10

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Why buy a Windows 10 license, when you can literally get them for free..it didn't even ask for a previous license key when installing (on a brand new hard drive) and it activated itself for me
You can only get them free if you upgrade, the reason it didn't ask for a license key is because Windows 10+ binds product keys to hardware (motherboard). Therefore if you change your motherboard, you may have to buy another key.

LeChris

github.com/habbo-hotel
Sep 30, 2013
You can only get them free if you upgrade, the reason it didn't ask for a license key is because Windows 10+ binds product keys to hardware (motherboard). Therefore if you change your motherboard, you may have to buy another key.
Oh..I didn't know that :(

Users who are viewing this thread