RevCMS 3.0 [PHP, MVC, Multi-Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Is this project still active?
Very alive.

After finishing the Model I was very proud so I took more time to focus on school and other things.
Got some of work done tonight and yesterday.

PDO class is in progress and just finished an extremely nice MySQL class!

I remembered I wanted to do class for OracleDB, SQLite, PostgreSQL(I think that's the name) and such, but I just discovered that you can use the PDO class for them, so I will probably make something like different type of connectors(Since they all connect differently(for the most part)) for each type.

Anyways all going well, will work on the View later on!

PLEASE NOTE: Anyone who asks for a release date will be infracted.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Been working, I wrote a complete sketch of how I'm doing the framework and I cous tldn't find a better way to do it.

Only thing is that I've been thinking about asynchronous events, something like.. A user clicks a button, and it refreshes their credits to 3000.

So it'd be something like...
//24 = 24 hours.
Click button -> Model_User::hasClickedButtonLately(24, User ID) -> true -> stop.
Click button -> Model_User::hasClickedButtonLately(24, User ID) -> false -> Model_User::update('credits', User ID).

I have a few ways planned.

1.- Try to implement the Observer pattern into the framework.
2.- I could send an Ajax request with GET to an URL, and this would call Controller_User->updateWithButton('credits', 'kryptos') which would do all the processing contact the Model, update it all, etc.
Then it'd echo out a message which would then show on top of the button.

Just ideas :p

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
The project just got a sexy logo!!

F6JAy.png
Thanks to for making it!​

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Just worked on it for about hour and a half.

So, I just re-did the View like I wanted it to be. Started using Interfaces for Database and Template drivers plus did a new sexy MySQL driver yesterday ( or the day before ) and improved it a little today, ( it's Pretty sexy ) I still, although, have my MySQLi driver which I use as my main driver and will be the one I'll use with RevCMS 3.0.

Next up is to try out multiple types of Session Handling, if I remember correctly they had a few problems. I've mentioned this before.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Got some more work done.

• Experimented with the Model a lil bit, made a method for it to keep it fragmented and such, not big deal.
  • Took a look at my Session Handling classes, thinking about making an interface for them classes. Not sure yet.
  • Fragmented my configuration files into about 6 files, separated them based on subject ( Database, Site, Skins, Language, etc ), might change later. They're all in one folder called 'Config' so there won't be any confusion, don't worry.
Before I go and work on the Session Handling, I need an advice.
I want the user to change all the details from the Housekeeping/Management of the Framework, and I kinda think this would be a hard job using PHP arrays for the configuration values and storing them on the database... I don't know, I don't feel like having to cache them.
So I want you guys to pick one of these.
  • PHP Arrays, figure out how to do it neat with them, you bastard.
  • Store them in the database, cache them with APC or something like that.
  • Store them ith .ini files, pretty easy to change values with .ini files.
  • Store them with XML, it'd be so neat.
Thanks for the help!

LoW

Learner.
Jun 16, 2011
Got some more work done.

• Experimented with the Model a lil bit, made a method for it to keep it fragmented and such, not big deal.
  • Took a look at my Session Handling classes, thinking about making an interface for them classes. Not sure yet.
  • Fragmented my configuration files into about 6 files, separated them based on subject ( Database, Site, Skins, Language, etc ), might change later. They're all in one folder called 'Config' so there won't be any confusion, don't worry.

I want the user to change all the details from the Housekeeping/Management of the Framework, and I kinda think this would be a hard job using PHP arrays for the configuration values and storing them on the database... I don't know, I don't feel like having to cache them.
Thanks for the help!

I have a question, do you have a Hotel? and are you using a RevCMS?

Quirky

Jan 7, 2012
Got some more work done.

Thanks for the help!

Do whatever suits your boot. If XML makes it easier to edit and read, that i would go with that but changing it from housekeeping could be good if you don't want to open all of the necessary files.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I guess PHP arrays it is ( For now, I have a feeling I will change later. ).

Cleaned up a little bit of code today and started working on Session Handling.
Session Handling Natively and with APC is done. Still got Memcache ( Install it first ), File/Flatfile and MySQLi ( Will probably make different SQL drivers for it after MySQLi is done ).

I am liking my progress, wait for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread