RevCMS 3.0 [PHP, MVC, Multi-Support]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
dig through folders to get to where you need to be?

Example? What did you need that was within a lot of folders? What was so confusing?
I think he's referring to how you have the mvc set up. Basicly, people who are hotel owners, just use a cms for their hotel. Hence, half the people who use rev don't know the simplest thing about php, mvc, etc.

I think you should stick with what you were doing with rev 1.9, stick with your own file structure. Mvc, I must say even for me, is just to big to run such a small site.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
I think he's referring to how you have the mvc set up. Basicly, people who are hotel owners, just use a cms for their hotel. Hence, half the people who use rev don't know the simplest thing about php, mvc, etc.

I think you should stick with what you were doing with rev 1.9, stick with your own file structure. Mvc, I must say even for me, is just to big to run such a small site.

My point is that the file structure doesn't matter because you really do nothing in it, literally the only folder hotel owners should go on about is Public which is easy stuff ( Language files and themes )

DaLightz

May 19, 2012
My point is that the file structure doesn't matter because you really do nothing in it, literally the only folder hotel owners should go on about is Public which is easy stuff ( Language files and themes )
Yeah, I got you. But I mean, think of it as if you were just setting up a hotel. People want to bend and twist stuff. And I know it's real easy with rev3, because you have driver choosers n' shit. But like, with rev1.9, it was simply app/tpl/skin>add
or
a php script on a page. Now, people are going to have to read through the widgets, and find {$widget->content} and ad their php. I know it sounds quite silly. Honestly, I have no problem with rev3. I like it alot. 
In short terms, too advanced for a habbo cms.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
Rev Made it a long way yeah but I still Prefer Rev 1.9.9.9 Over 3.0 I've experianced way more problems on IIS and Xampp with this now its all complex with what I need to do and its also very annoying having to Navigate through the CMS and its worse for noobs.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Yeah, I got you. But I mean, think of it as if you were just setting up a hotel. People want to bend and twist stuff. And I know it's real easy with rev3, because you have driver choosers n' shit. But like, with rev1.9, it was simply app/tpl/skin>add
or
a php script on a page. Now, people are going to have to read through the widgets, and find {$widget->content} and ad their php. I know it sounds quite silly. Honestly, I have no problem with rev3. I like it alot. 
In short terms, too advanced for a habbo cms.

I totally get where you're coming from with it's too advanced, I think what most people don't realize is that you can do the same stuff you do with Rev1.9, just now there's prettier ways to do it ( and more efficient ). That's why I really need to make sure it's all perfect and document it perfectly :)

DaLightz

May 19, 2012
Rev Made it a long way yeah but I still Prefer Rev 1.9.9.9 Over 3.0 I've experianced way more problems on IIS and Xampp with this now its all complex with what I need to do and its also very annoying having to Navigate through the CMS and its worse for noobs.
Well, don't forget. That's only because you're already use to the old version of rev. We've never had this problem before with Uber because Uber never really changed. It was only updated upon the recent release. Not re-written.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010

Yea maybe because it is in BETA and is not recommended for noobs?

DaLightz

May 19, 2012

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Your only saying you don't like the file structure because your not familiar with it as well as your are with rev1.9.

Zak

Posting Freak
Mar 12, 2011
I'm sure the file structure is based upon the native MVC structure of folders. So stop bitching because you can't just do a few more clicks.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Okay so I've been pretty much testing the CMS and re-doing the database files so it's a bit cleaner, basically instead of using fields and doing the queries on the Models, the queries are on the files and the Model just fetches them.

I have to finish up the Housekeeping and test the session handlers.

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
I'm sure the file structure is based upon the native MVC structure of folders. So stop bitching because you can't just do a few more clicks.

Zak, you get so over defensive when someone was stating their opinion. Consider being respectful like for once. Nobody was bitching, it's simply an opinion which is allowed to be given.

DaLightz

May 19, 2012
Okay so I've been pretty much testing the CMS and re-doing the database files so it's a bit cleaner, basically instead of using fields and doing the queries on the Models, the queries are on the files and the Model just fetches them.

I have to finish up the Housekeeping and test the session handlers.
Explain why you store configuration in files rather than database? I find it pretty neat and creative. Never seen it before. 
We know dat.
jKOd1.png

And son, we ain't bitchin'. We just statin' our thoughts. Yo. And tbh, I'm just fine with rev3, I been using it. I lyke it.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Explain why you store configuration in files rather than database? I find it pretty neat and creative. Never seen it before.

Well I don't see why you'd store it in a MySQL database... There's just no need. I've gone with storing the information as serialized data and it has worked out pretty well, although it took a lot of work to get it just right :)

Queef

Some people...
Jul 27, 2012
Nice work on the updates mate, nice to see you have gotten some motivation back in the project, sounds like that vacation did you some good.

DaLightz

May 19, 2012
Well I don't see why you'd store it in a MySQL database... There's just no need. I've gone with storing the information as serialized data and it has worked out pretty well, although it took a lot of work to get it just right :)
Yeah. I've noticed that this method also lets the site load faster too. Nice work Kryptos!

Aercor

The Official Gay
Oct 1, 2011
Erm, can't find the download for the current release. The link I found was dead D;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread