Show DevBest ZipCMS [PDO][Efficient TPL System][Framework]

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
Hello DevBest!

Today, I am releasing this first project that I could say that I've actually COMPLETED (that has been released. ;))

ZipCMS is a framework made for developers to expand upon to create their website. ZipCMS makes it extremely easy to add functionality to your website pages, with minimal effort. There isn't much I can explain, but I will let your view the code yourself, and see what it does, and how it works.

SNIPPETS:
class.zcore.php
PHP:
<?php

class zCore {

final public function findFunction($z) {
        global $zip, $mail;

if(!isset($z) || empty($z)) {
           $z = 'index';
        }

switch($z) {
            case 'prices':
                $mail->compileMail();
            break;
        }
    }
}
?>

engine.php
PHP:
<?php
session_start();

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', '1');

define('D', DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);
define('Z', '_zip' . D);
define('L', '_lib' . D);
define('C', '_class'. D);

require Z . 'config.php';
require Z . L . 'common.php';

try {
    $db = new PDO($zip['Database']['Data']['Source']['Name'], $zip['Database']['Username'], $zip['Database']['Password']);
} catch(PDOException $e) {
    die(zipError('ZipDB: Connection Failed', $e->getMessage()));
}

require Z . C . 'class.ztpl.php';
require Z . C . 'class.zcore.php';
require Z . C . 'class.zmail.php';

$tpl = new zTpl();
$core = new zCore();
?>

index.php
PHP:
<?php
require 'engine.php';

$core->findFunction(secure(@$_GET['url']));

$tpl->addTpl();
$tpl->display();
?>

DEMO: [ ]

TO INSTALL:
  1. Download ZipCMS from [ ].
  2. Extract it to your webserver.
  3. Navigate to '_zip' --> 'config.php' and edit it accordingly.
  4. Go to your webserver via your web browser, and read all the pages that will provide some information about ZipCMS.
To add functions, go to '_zip' --> '_class' --> 'class.zcore.php' and open it in your default code editor. Once it's open, add a new case in the following format:
PHP:
case '(page name)':
    $classWhereFunctionIsLocated->functionName();
break;
This code will tell ZipCMS to execute that function whenever you're on that page. All you have to do is make the PHP class and function, and you're good to go.

Enjoy

Last edited:

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
There isn't anything to "see" it's a CMS made for developers. Nothing is actually pretty about this framework (except the code ;)).

GarettM

Posting Freak
Aug 5, 2010
Why would we use this?
if you are targeting php developers we know how to call functions, make a template parser and manage urls more securely then your "cms"/"framework".

Does this even have a database class we can use? not to be rude but this looks like a messy application. not a framework :/

FWI:
( CMS = Content Management System. ) there is no content to be managed?

IntactDev

Nov 22, 2012
This isn't a CMS. Unless it has a dashboard where you can edit content. It's not a CMS.
Please ask questions before you make assumptions. The backend panel is actually under development; as of now it's a FRAMEWORK for developers to expand on, and to make what they want with it.

Soon, I'll be making it into a CMS (similar to Wordpress, and ribbonCMS)

@GarettMcCarty I doesn't have a database class, because the default PDO functions are just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread