Zinim [MySQLi][PHP][CMS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshuaLuke

Posting Freak
Jan 29, 2012
KQbNsXW.png
About Me
Hey, some people may know me as Josh Priestley. I'm a PHP developer. Although in the past i've developed CMS's and ended the development half way through. However, this time it won't be like that. In DevBest i've lost alot of respect and this is my chance to regain it.

Overview of Zinim
Zinim is basically a Content Management System. It will allow even the most novice people to create a site, within minutes. Zinim focuses on simplicity and security rather than features. Zinim will also have a templating system which will enable HTML/CSS developers to create their own templates without having to even touch a single line of PHP. It will also use MySQLi.

Screenshots
MySQL configuration from the installation:
vRUtpc4.png

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
No 'non habbo cms' will ever beat @lePox 's cms.

However, this sounds promising. Best of luck!

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
First of all, you did nothing to $this->db->connect_errno. And you can't post just one class and 90% of the code is ripped from Codetana. You just added an IF and ELSE statement.

JoshuaLuke

Posting Freak
Jan 29, 2012
First of all, you did nothing to $this->db->connect_errno. And you can't post just one class and 90% of the code is ripped from Codetana. You just added an IF and ELSE statement.

Where did my edited post go?:S oh and also, if you read, I gave you credits.

I did say I was using CodeTana. You lot can't even give me a chance without throwing your judgements around. Also, isn't CodeTana opensource anyway? Lol. 
Trying to beat him will not be very successful by using his code :)

If you can read and understand things, you'll of had the impression that I'm not trying to beat him, also, why should I recode what's already there for me to use? 
I don't think you know what a database engine is. MySQLi is the database. MyISAM or InnoDB are examples of database engines.

My mistake, sorry.

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012
Where did my edited post go?:S oh and also, if you read, I gave you credits.

I did say I was using CodeTana. You lot can't even give me a chance without throwing your judgements around. Also, isn't CodeTana opensource anyway? Lol.

It's opensource, but it don't mean you can just gather all the code, tweak it, and call it Zanhim or w.e.

JoshuaLuke

Posting Freak
Jan 29, 2012
Can't we just give Joshua a chance? We'll just wait and see how this development turns out.

Good luck, Josh!

Thanks, very much appreciated.
you-dont-say.jpg

Same shit. I can't take CodeIgniter (example) and name it Dickhead2424Framework.

Well CodeTana is a framework and this is a CMS so your point is invalid.

Begun recoding the entire CMS, starting with the installer!

hr1mBl9.png

Sorry for the above screenshot being so large, it's due to my Macbook's resolution.

And a code snippet of the $_GET method, not very much I know.
PHP:
<?php
/*
* Zinim - By Josh Priestley
* Please read the documentation and license before using Zinim.
* Failure to do so may result in Zinim not working correctly.
* Thank you.
*/

/*
* Allow file access
*/
define('IN_ZINIM_INSTALLER', true);

/*
* $_GET step
*/
if(isset($_GET['s'])) {
if($_GET['s'] != 1 || $_GET['s'] != 2 || $_GET['s'] != 3 || $_GET['s'] != 4) {
include('steps/' . $_GET['s'] . '.php');
} else {
header('Location: ?s=1');
}
} else {
header('Location: ?s=1');
}

?>

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Well CodeTana is a framework and this is a CMS so your point is invalid.

Are you stupid or what ?
The framework is what helps to make a cms if the author is new to web dev (not the right correct definition but it matches this situation), as it has all the classes, core files... So the author can grab it and study it and make it's own stuff from scratch, but in this case i think your just ripping it off.
So, 's point is totally valid dude.

Alam

shietttt
Jul 3, 2011
  1. Frameworks are used to create CMS'. They're the base or the "frame" of the CMS, like those iron bars are "frames" to a building.
  2. This CMS is pure shit. You can get shelled just through the installation. I suggest using an if/else block, and reading up PHP more before you decide to start a PHP project.
  3. @JoshuaLuke

Not supporting this project, but you don't know if he can get shelled if you haven't even seen the full code of the installation. He showed a quite short snippet, now you're saying it can be shelled?

DaLightz

See ya'll in the afterlife.
May 19, 2012

PHP:
<?php
/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------o
| o---------------------------------------------------------------------------------o |
| | ConforMS - The CMS that adjusts to all skill levels                            | |
| | Copyright (C) 2013 Jacob Tennoson                                              | |
| o---------------------------------------------------------------------------------o |
| |  Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy  | |
| |  of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal  | |
| |  in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights  | |
| |  to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell      | |
| |  copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is          | |
| |  furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:                      | |
| |  The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in    | |
| |  all copies or substantial portions of the Software.                            | |
| |  THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR    | |
| |  IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,      | |
| |  FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE    | |
| |  AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER        | |
| |  LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,  | |
| |  OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN      | |
| |  THE SOFTWARE.                                                                  | |
o------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
define('CONFORMS', 'INSTALL');
require('global.php');

$s = @clean($_GET['s']);
if(empty($s)) {
    $s = 1;
}

if(is_numeric($s)) {
    switch($s) {
        case 1:
            $title = 'ConforMS Installation: Step 1';
            require_once(R . DS . I . DS . 'step1'. P);
        break;

case 2:
            $title = 'ConforMS Installation: Step 2';
            if(isset($_SESSION['step_1'])) {
                require_once(R . DS . I . DS . 'step2'. P);
            } else { header("Location: ?s=1"); }
        break;

case 3:
        if(isset($_SESSION['step_2']) && isset($_SESSION['step_1'])) {
            $title = 'ConforMS Installation: Step 3';
            require_once(R . DS . I . DS . 'step3'. P);
        } else { header("Location: ?s=2"); }
        break;
    }
} else {
    header("Location: ?s=1");
}
?>
This.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
Why include MySQL host and MySQL port? Installation scripts are supposed to be run from on the server, so that stuff is useless.

person who said it can get shelled: You've seen a small snippet that cannot be exploited (at least that portion of the code).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread