Xenforo Account Upgrades

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
So for this example, I'm going to use something that is fimiliar to all of us – DevBest.

So basically, I want to create subscriptions for my forum, but I don't want to have a million groups (over exaggerating). I'm not too sure how Devbest does it, but when you purchase a subscription your name changes color along with other things such as you get to change your username, secret lair, etc. Now, in total I have about 8 subscriptions planned out. So right there, that is 8 groups. I don't want to update 8 groups every time I make a change. Is there a way to inherit permissions from the 'Members' default group except permissions that you select to override such as the ability to change your username? If ya catch what I'm trying to say.

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
Are you using XenForo or are you asking help how to achieve this with your own program?
Haha, using XenForo. I figured it out, simple fix really.

Just make sure primary group is Registered and secondary is your next rank and it will override permissions/inherit them.

Weasel

👄 I'd intercept me
Nov 25, 2011
Haha, using XenForo. I figured it out, simple fix really.

Just make sure primary group is Registered and secondary is your next rank and it will override permissions/inherit them.

That's correct. Just remember that once you set permissions on "Never", it won't be overrided if you put them on "Yes" in another group.

Users who are viewing this thread