Xampp or IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adem

Aug 8, 2012
Which one is best to create a retro and why? What are the differences between them?

Devjam

Legend
Jan 5, 2014
If you want to create a simple Retro use Xampp its not 100% safe but you can still use it. IIS is bit harder to use also it takes a lot more time and its safe.

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
If you want to create a simple Retro use Xampp its not 100% safe but you can still use it. IIS is bit harder to use also it takes a lot more time and its safe.
id go with iis because its safer and more secure. it isn't all that complicated to set up if u follow a tutorial.

Xampp is used for developers. It is 100% safe if you follow the correct tutorials to just change to what IIS has preset to default.

IIS is also good because you install it and everything is ready you just have to enable sockets to be able to use MUS commands from the housekeeping. I have noticed that sometimes IIS is a pain in the ass and wants to CGI Timeout when people are attacking your port.

Goodluck

BIOS

ಠ‿ಠ
Apr 25, 2012
Personally prefer NGINX for production but IIS for development, although all have their own uses.

I'd say IIS would be the best option for most people but XAMPP isn't a bad option for development either as it is extremely easy to get an environment up if you don't require the extra features IIS offers.

Adem

Aug 8, 2012
Personally prefer NGINX for production but IIS for development, although all have their own uses.

I'd say IIS would be the best option for most people but XAMPP isn't a bad option for development either as it is extremely easy to get an environment up if you don't require the extra features IIS offers.
What are some of the features that IIS offers and that xampp doesnt? if you dont mind me asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread