Xampp no localhost/security site?

KnockMadness

Mar 20, 2014
hey guys when I try to goto the page to set a password for my root user it says the page does not exist and ive never ran into this problem until recently how do I set a password now??

can post a screenie in a sec

Joe

Jun 10, 2012
Use IIS.

If you're using a virtual server then you need to install it a different way. You can also Google that.

Jozh

New Project Coming Soon!
Oct 8, 2016
hi I can give you support if you are using a vps I don't mind helping you set up iis drop me a message on Skype as I have some free time..
Skype live:twistedskullvapes

Jozh

New Project Coming Soon!
Oct 8, 2016
add my Skype I know a really cheap hosting place and I can help you set your retro up with iis and security

live:twistedskullvapes

iGlenn

:)
Jul 21, 2015
When you're installed xampp, and you have original htdocs without edits, go to
localhost/security . So, my point is you need to have XAMPP folder in htdocs.

Peace. <3_<3
pretty much what Daniel said, u most likely forgot to configure xampp/set a root password before you extracted the cms to the htdocs. i believe you can set up a password via phpmyadmin.

Use IIS.

If you're using a virtual server then you need to install it a different way. You can also Google that.
lets not give recommendations on what web server to use but rather help him with the problem he's having :p

TheNotorious

Im dying slowly.
Oct 4, 2014
pretty much what Daniel said, u most likely forgot to configure xampp/set a root password before you extracted the cms to the htdocs. i believe you can set up a password via phpmyadmin.

lets not give recommendations on what web server to use but rather help him with the problem he's having :p
+1 For IIS, but if you're never setupped IIS, just keep usin' xampp DansGame

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
Everyone on this thread redirecting him to IIS or asking them to add their skype so they can help, you are not helping him learn at all. @JMG Xampp is used for developmental purposes; and if you ask me that's exactly what you do with a retro. You can easily setup xampp with the same configuration as IIS, however xampp gives you far more control (If you know what you're doing) with all of the configuration files.

You can review my thread here on how to setup xampp to get the security level the same as IIS.

Follow xampp installation instructions which are very easy. Download, Install then go to the file and setup the configuration, then delete the htdocs and put in your cms.

Users who are viewing this thread