xampp how can i register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xLeMyS

Feb 25, 2017
hey guys as u can read the title how can i change or register my password for phpmyadmin , i only have root username . But all can access my habbo server by just typing localhost , and i need a password for the config files as they want a password right?

Last edited:

Zaka

Programmer
Feb 9, 2012
There should be a mysql folder in your xampp folder. In that mysql folder there should be a mysql-config or something, program that you can exectute. With it you can change the password. But after you've done that you would have to restart the service so that the changes take place.

xLeMyS

Feb 25, 2017
There should be a mysql folder in your xampp folder. In that mysql folder there should be a mysql-config or something, program that you can exectute. With it you can change the password. But after you've done that you would have to restart the service so that the changes take place.
Is that the legit one? I used to fix it by going in phpmyadmin and changed user permission by setting the password , then after changed the php.config.ini file it worked perfectly.

Dan3212

Mar 30, 2016
you don't need a password for the localhost database it means if u try to join someone else database like this website , and if they are using xampp as dataabse u can just join without a pass , in this case they have another db and a password from the host.
in my case i don't need to make a habbo server public, but i still need a password in order to config the cms , which connects to the database ...
hope i was clear my english sucks :)

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
this what hupens also when u change the password i did changed the config.inc.php password to the same one on the database now this is the second problems

Nvm guys i think i fixed , i will try to make this habbio server and tell if all it done
p.s actually for mistake i changed a line of code after watching a youtube video , i saqw it was different and fixed this , hope all works fine ty all for helping :)

go to localhost/phpmyadmin

Then locate the tab at the top saying 'User Accounts', refer to:

username Root with hostname of localhost and change your password there, it will bring up an error.

Go to config.inc.php:

change

$cfg['Servers'][$1]['auth_type'] = 'config';

to:

$cfg['Servers'][$1]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';

Then change

$cfg['Servers'][$1]['password] = ' ';

to
$cfg['Servers'][$1]['password'] = 'root password';

please reply if this doesn't help

Status
Not open for further replies.