• No, not at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
This is a new release from me to you! I noticed that most developers didn't set up their templates properly with HTML and CSS, so I thought that this would be a good resource for everyone, who wan't to learn how to do this the right way.

This template reflects how I set up my sites. This is basic, and there is comments to help beginners and experienced developers to understand how it's set up and how to use minimal coding and elements.

FAQ
Why is this the best way to set up a site?
Because it's simple, reliable and easy to change in future. It makes your code clean and sleek, without too many unnecessary elements everywhere.

Why don't use HTML tags (for center or break lines) instead of CSS?
The small answer is: It looks bad and incomplete. CSS is a strong language and is the most important you have to style your site. Why don't use every corner of it? The more advanced answer would be that tags like these where not intentionally made to control boxes (<div>, <span> etc.) and images. The only time I (personally) would use these tags was for inside paragraphs (<p></p>). You can use whatever you wan't, but you will find it easier to use CSS.

Can I participate in this template?
Of course! Feel free to change and fix this as much as you wan't - I will try to post better solutions that have been made by other users - if they're good enough ;)

If you have questions, just ask. The most frequently asked questions will be applied under the FAQ.

Previews
1326046379805696462210.png

Download
Latest version (1.0.0):

Note: It's hosted at Sharefast, so I can't be held responsible if the links dosen't work. I will update them as frequently as possible, if they don't work. If you have a solution for me on your own server, feel free to PM me.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
It's not really how the page looks like, just the set up of the code itself. But If you wan't I could.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
It's up to you. I am just trying to prevent 50 different noobs from spamming your thread asking for 'em.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Nice work and thanks for the contribution. I've got to say, the CSS looks rather messy with all the commenting but it's a good contribution. Thanks.

Heaplink

Developer & Designer
Nov 9, 2011
Yeah, normally I do not make that much comments in a CSS file, but in this case it was to explain every bit of why and how it's set up like that.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
Just took a look at it and it seems pretty good. Continue your contribution and focus more, you'll go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread