WouldYou [Beta/Graphics/Promoters]

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
wu.png
What is WouldYou?
WouldYou is a Social Network currently in the works, It was inspired by the likes of Snog & Ask.
I have added some features from the two sites mentioned above along with unique features.

Current features implemented:
User System (inc. user settings etc...)
Custom Forum
Private Messaging
The basics of Asking a user a question is there however not fully coded.
Version History/Changelog

Recruitment:
So there is currently 3 types I am recruiting (information below)
  • Beta Testers
  • Graphic Designers
  • Promoters
Promoters
Want to get paid to advertise and refer new members?
Currently this idea is still in thought, majority of it has been jotted down however not too much has been coded regarding it.
To apply to be a promoter it is simple, refer people to and have them put your Devbest Username as the person who referred them
When I then decide to enter Beta, the top 5-10 refers will have 'Promoter Status' which then they will become eligible to earn some cash**
(if you know people that do use Snog and/or Ask or use them yourself then you will have an advantage)

**Terms do apply (currently not written up but I have the idea)

Beta Testers
The name speaks for itself, if you wish to have early access to the website, then simply sign up
Beta testers will test the features of the site and report back any bugs and/or suggestions via the in-site forum I have developed
Beta testers will receive an official 'Beta Badge' (when I find a graphics designer :p)

Graphic Designer
I am currently in need of somebody that is good with pixel art and can create various badges (im thinking 32px x 32px)
I need multiple badges making ranging from Staff Badges to Badges for Achievement
You can either be paid for the graphics or you could do them for free with full recognition on the website including a link back
How can I apply? - Simply PM me with some of your work, if I like it I will ask you to create a sample badge

When will Beta become available?
Beta will be available once I have tweaked a few more things and fully coded 2 of the core features (this way people can test current features while I develop new ones)

Any questions? Post them below

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Already signed up for Beta weeks ago, it actually looks great from the features you've mentioned, the design looks great too from the couple screenshots i saw you sharing on the shoutbox, i'm hoping this would be the next big thing in DevBest! Good luck!

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
I applied ages ago, and I also have offered my help to translate into Norwegian if ever wanted. :)
I love the screenshots, and the join.me session where I got a small sneak peek. Wishing you the best of luck mate.

Wassim

♕ The Awesomeness Within...
Sep 22, 2011
Already applied for Beta Testing. I wouldnt mind trying to do some graphics for you. Anyhow, if needs be I am here.
Have all my hopes and good luck.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I applied ages ago, and I also have offered my help to translate into Norwegian if ever wanted. :)
I love the screenshots, and the join.me session where I got a small sneak peek. Wishing you the best of luck mate.
Ill upload a few more 'sneek peeks' at some point and possibly a few join.me sessions

Expiry

Anarchist
Apr 25, 2013
Sounds cool, would like to see the site though. Also wouldn't mind beta testing, don't remember if I applied already or not.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Sounds cool, would like to see the site though. Also wouldn't mind beta testing, don't remember if I applied already or not.
The site tells you whether you've already applied. I was in the same position as you so tried to apply again and it told me I had already done so.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Only just seen this..

Anyway, like others have said I have applied for BETA a while back. Also got to see a few previews of the pages over skype/join.me.

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
I had applied a while back and you gave me a sneak peak with you coding also... hehe 1st one to share on google +

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I can help promote it if you want?
Or beta test it.

I got free time :)
Feel free, to enter the promoter program, the top select people that invite the most people to become a beta tester will then have the chance to earn $$ when the site goes live.

Beta Testers will be coming soon, im currently reworking some back end stuff, so not too much happening on the front end.
To get a better chance of becoming a beta tester, people with the most referrals will be selected & possibly have a better chance of gaining a moderation rank in the future if they are dedicated

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
I would like to try out Beta Testing and Promoting however I don't require any cash really just in it for the support!

I'm guessing these positions are not application based right? I've got a really tight schedule today for applications.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
I would like to try out Beta Testing and Promoting however I don't require any cash really just in it for the support!

I'm guessing these positions are not application based right? I've got a really tight schedule today for applications.
What positions do you mean?
Being a beta tester? Becoming part of the 'Promotion Program'? Graphics Designer?

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Promotions.
It could be application based.
However those that show support early on to get the site out there now before the site goes into Beta, they have shown signs of dedication early on (or just want the $$$).

Its something ill have to have a think about, there is in-site benefits when it comes to referrals (eg. hitting 'x' referrals will give you a badge or a coloured username etc... these are not coded but are planned)
And then again those that are part of the program will be eligible to earn some $$$.

If the program is successful in its first 'wave' then I may open up applications and/or ask users who have referred users to join the program

Kieren

The OGz
Aug 4, 2010
Nice idea, it's all about advertisements now @Kaz. I can see myself in a year been head of promotions in WouldYou Industries :cool: Good luck and let us no on future development do you have a development page? Or something to take away the dev discussion away from this thread?

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Nice idea, it's all about advertisements now @Kaz. I can see myself in a year been head of promotions in WouldYou Industries :cool: Good luck and let us no on future development do you have a development page? Or something to take away the dev discussion away from this thread?
Yeh, right now my main focus is on promotion (lacking female beta testers desperately haha, current ratio is male 30:1 female)
Then obviously Beta Testers will then be able to give feedback/bugs etc... using the forum I have built -

Right now I have no development page, mostly just Shoutbox/PM & Skype where people have spoke to me about it and/or I have gone live using join.me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread