Windows 8!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alam

shietttt
Jul 3, 2011
The release is pretty well ugly.
It's just the Developer Edition, i'd rather wait till the actual release to review about it.

Ink

Jun 4, 2010
The release is pretty well ugly.
It's just the Developer Edition, i'd rather wait till the actual release to review about it.
It's not just the developers version. The consumer edition has been released as well. Which is the pretty much as close as they will get it before release. It's rumour to come out October 2012 on different tablet devices. I only reviewed the developer edition because I was starting to right reviews about different software so I included this within the review.

TheJoshy

PlusHost.org -> GOGOGO
Jul 4, 2010
It's fairly annoying but would be better on a touch screen. It's not bad, I quite like it although a lot of things are confusing and hidden, the control panel is all over the place and it's just completely different in many other ways, as it doesn't sport the same design interface as all previous versions of Windows OS.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
It's not just the developers version. The consumer edition has been released as well. Which is the pretty much as close as they will get it before release. It's rumour to come out October 2012 on different tablet devices. I only reviewed the developer edition because I was starting to right reviews about different software so I included this within the review.
Mhm, on the next release of a Nokia tablet? If not mistaken. :)

Moogly

May 6, 2012
I think that Microsoft got scared about tablets, and decided that the only thing people will buy is their Windows OS. Therefore they crammed a tablet interface into a desktop OS, in hopes of marketing the OS on tablets as well, considering their Windows Phone OS was a complete and utter fail.

Personally, I think Microsoft should focus on the following things if they want to survive (at least on the desktop):
  • Security
  • Settings (all in one place, not scattered all over)
  • UI (multiple windows or spaces, rather than just one)
Except it's not just them doing it, it's also Apple and Canonical. They're all trying to deliver one interface across all platforms, so far Microsoft is winning in the respect that Apple has failed. They're giving consumers a interface that is shared across all platforms, sadly for Microsoft they're a bit too late in the game and people are already running off for the iPad, Android, and even Macs. They need to step it up, even Steam is running to the hills and becoming a native Linux service (which many of their indie games are already available under Linux, and they're porting Left 4 Dead 2 to Linux and the Source game engine). Gabe Newel is currently running Steam on a Ubuntu machine at the Valve offices.

xHissy

PHP / VB.net Developer
Oct 23, 2011
I, use it. Has all the features of windows 7 (Well as far as I can see).

Clit

Posting Freak
Feb 25, 2012
They call it BETA for a reason, hopefully you installed this on a spare computer.

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
The Metro UI Desktop was the one I fancy with Windows 8. Simplicity, sexy, neat. But it was also great they never forgot to put back the Desktop. :)

Moogly

May 6, 2012
The Metro UI Desktop was the one I fancy with Windows 8. Simplicity, sexy, neat. But it was also great they never forgot to put back the Desktop. :)
only for a table environment, same with Ubuntu Unity. Same with Gnome Shell. They're stupid under a Desktop Environment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread