Windows 8.1 - Google Chrome

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
Google Chrome keeps launching in Windows 8 mode, and only opened hyperlink and Gyazo screen captures keep opening in Google Chrome Windows 8 Mode.
Is there any way to deactivate Windows 8 Mode completely? I've got everything set as supposed, and chrome is supposed to open in "desktop mode" according to my settings.

I'm using a brand new laptop & got endless amounts of small but annoying problems

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
In theory, it should stay in desktop mode permanently. I'm not sure why this would be different for you, but try forcing desktop mode by editing the registry.

1. Type regedit.exe in the search bar:
hbJOXwo.png

2. Using regedit, head over to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Chrome\Metro, and change 'launch_mode' to '0':
chrome-launch-mode-registry-setting.jpg

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
In theory, it should stay in desktop mode permanently. I'm not sure why this would be different for you, but try forcing desktop mode by editing the registry.
It was set to 1, but told me otherwise in the actual Google Chrome settings.

Changed it to 0 and it seems to be working as preferred now, thanks!

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
it is in the actual chrome settings and if you can't find it I don't know what to tell you. From what I remember it was in the main drop down menu options, if you don't see it you should try updating your browser.

Zymf

Aug 19, 2012
it is in the actual chrome settings and if you can't find it I don't know what to tell you. From what I remember it was in the main drop down menu options, if you don't see it you should try updating your browser.
It's set to launch on "desktop mode" but never did, it's done now anyway.

Lotus

Legacy, it's all anyone leaves behind.
Jun 8, 2012
I noticed that on Windows 8.1 I have cache issues with Google Chrome like when I clear it, it doesn't show any changes what ever was there in the past is still there. It doesn't change anything..

Users who are viewing this thread