Win a Virtual Private Server!

Ayumi

Joshua Pike.
Sep 13, 2010
So, Sledmore made me purchase a VPS basically, that now I don't need due to him backing out of making a retro... Anyways, onto the lovely stuff! I have held many competitions at DevBest, mainly for domains, but this one is for a VPS (obviously), and all you have to do, is post below in detail what you want to do with it, and what are your aims. If I enjoy/like the idea you have to offer, I will basically give you one month to impress me, and if you do, I will continue to fund for the server (for kids, that means pay it) until you either want to back down on your plan, or feel like it's the right time to leave. So good luck, and the winner will be announced either tonight (I live in the United Kingdom; so does the VPS lol), or tomorrow morning! Have fun, and I look forward to seeing your replies and ideas!

TheSkittle

Dec 4, 2011
I may as well try, would be awesome if I got one to be honest :lol:

If I was chosen, then I would bring back my old hotel (Arctic Hotel) which held about 20-35 users most of the time. It is Phoenix powered (of course) and the community we had was pretty welcoming, great staff and so on.

We were pretty professional back then, never messed around, always hosted competitions and events - it was the most awesome hotel I ever worked on myself. But anyway, there we go!

HelloAbrehem

Dec 2, 2011
So, Sledmore made me purchase a VPS basically, that now I don't need due to him backing out of making a retro... Anyways, onto the lovely stuff! I have held many competitions at DevBest, mainly for domains, but this one is for a VPS (obviously), and all you have to do, is post below in detail what you want to do with it, and what are your aims. If I enjoy/like the idea you have to offer, I will basically give you one month to impress me, and if you do, I will continue to fund for the server (for kids, that means pay it) until you either want to back down on your plan, or feel like it's the right time to leave. So good luck, and the winner will be announced either tonight (I live in the United Kingdom; so does the VPS lol), or tomorrow morning! Have fun, and I look forward to seeing your replies and ideas!
Off Topic: I will help you make a retro? If i just get the vps password and make it all XD, well yah me & you will own it, well if you want to give it to someone its fine with me :) Just giving u an offer for christmas.
Also with the VPS, I will help for RP's to come back cause im tired of StreetRP Getting Ddosed the RP'ers Wont get to go anywhere else, i just want to do this for the community & probably add some VIP to it, and give you atleast 30$ By paypal of the VIP money , cause you gave the the VPS ;] thank you for reading mate.

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
Just another thing id like to add, im not sure if Xephos requires this, but im guessing all applicants will need to have the required resources for their project to be chosen.
Eg, If you want to make a phoenix hotel, you must have a license and know how to set it up

But i could be wrong, pm Xephos if you are unsure

Ayumi

Joshua Pike.
Sep 13, 2010
Off Topic: I will help you make a retro? If i just get the vps password and make it all XD, well yah me & you will own it, well if you want to give it to someone its fine with me :) Just giving u an offer for christmas.
Also with the VPS, I will help for RP's to come back cause im tired of StreetRP Getting Ddosed the RP'ers Wont get to go anywhere else, i just want to do this for the community & probably add some VIP to it, and give you atleast 30$ By paypal of the VIP money , cause you gave the the VPS ;] thank you for reading mate.
I am giving it away because it is spare. I have another VPS, 4GB ram and a dedicated server with 12GB ram, so I could easily make a retro if I wanted to on those, or bring Quabbo back. But I thought, do a competition.. I have no troubles making a retro lol. Quabbo achieved 200+ online at one point, you seriously doubting my skills?

Also, guys, keep those testimonials coming, will pick a winner within the next 24 hours!

Also, what Kaz says is correct. You must have everything ready and prepared, as I will be offering no help unless it is server related! Unless I decide to if asked.

MarMigs

I rock :D
Dec 3, 2010
Just another thing id like to add, im not sure if Xephos requires this, but im guessing all applicants will need to have the required resources for their project to be chosen.
Eg, If you want to make a phoenix hotel, you must have a license and know how to set it up

But i could be wrong, pm Xephos if you are unsure

If this is right, I have all set up :D

the site is almost up. it will be today or wednesday.

zSaber

Apr 5, 2011
Well the reason why i want this free VPS is because i plan on moving my hotel to a different server. I currently have the hotel on a vps but i barely meet the funds to pay for it ;/ reason being is because i had to buy a phoenix license and that took up a chunk of money. If i get this vps my co-owner Livar will have access to RDP as he's coding the CMS. Also we are going to make the hotel as professional as possible meaning good/nice staff, good community, and a welcome place to stay and keep coming back. Oh and also, if i get donations from VIP i'll give 50% to you for giving us get the vps ;)

Wanna check out the hotel so far?:

-Tyler

iPod.

Nov 21, 2011
I would probably make a R63, Or a radio to go on a Retros homepage cause i like to help people :), But if my R63 don't work out i will invest the VPS to another server, however if i did make a R63 i will be sure to make it as free as possible there will have to be some costs to keep the hotel updated and NEW! for the users to enjoy, and if you did want staff etc on the hotel obviously you could :).

~Thanks and Good Luck To All Competitors ! <3

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
A HOTEL! I WOULD SPAM OTHER HOTELS TO GET USERS THEN I WOULD MAKE VIP CHEAP SO IT WOULD SELL I WOULD ALSO HAVE A MC SERVER RUNNING AT SAME TIME TO GET MORE MONEY

User3

I just want some piercings and tattoos.
May 23, 2010
I would make either an Old School or a R63, probably an old school. But I will attempt to make a R63 first.
If I would win I would be so grateful.

Sep 19, 2010
I'd use it to develop my CMS (bobbleCMS) so I could see its progress as well as others. Until the development of the CMS is over of course then I'd release it, or use it for my personal use(the cms that is).

Brennen

hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia
Nov 6, 2011
i would like it, to host a minecraft server, depending on the specs, if the specs aren't good 9under 4gb of ram) I will use it to host a Habbo Retro using zCMs or RevCMS and probably and edited version of UberEmu, because I dont have a phoenix license. Thanks :D

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
Good day Xephos,

If I were to win this VPS, I would create a habbo retro that will be used to BETA test DesireCMS, created by Dayron1234 & I. This habbo retro will be live, as the CMS will be tested and used when it is secure enough for professional use.

Kryptos

prjRev.com
Jul 21, 2010
Seems like a fair competition.

I would use the VPS to test RevCMS 3.0, I think it could be useful for the development to let users submit bugs, features they feel are missing, etc.

What I would need if chosen:
  • The VPS ( duh )
  • IIS7 with PHP/MySQL
Obviously, I have the CMS and everything ready, just so you know.

RevCMS 3.0 Development thread:

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
If I were to win the VPS, I would create a Habbo hotel retro that would become part of the JamNetwork, a network of sites that would run a forums, radio, Habbo Retro and a Minecraft server. I have already created a Forums, Shoutcast, and Minecraft Server. I just need the retro. If you would be willing to support me, you would obviously become a very high rank on all of these different branches of the network.

Users who are viewing this thread