Will Habbo be able to pursue all of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2011
I shut my hotel down recently but I planned to take the hotel online once again. If it is better not to take the hotel up again. I won't do. but, if you all think that it won't be anything, I will make a r64 swf hotel and make it super popular lol

vRory

Unemployed.
May 4, 2011
But aint shit like cracking swfs illegal? And using copy righted Content?

vRory

Unemployed.
May 4, 2011
I'm not saying it should be allowed, im Just saying almost everything to a retro is owned by sulake.

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
I'm not saying it should be allowed, im Just saying almost everything to a retro is owned by sulake.
SWF's and images are property of Sulake. Everything else is the property of its creator.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
Look lets put it this way:
Retros have been around for years and Sulake hasn't seemed enough concerned to make a big impact on how the retro community forms and moves. Even with Retros - They are making huge profits so they obviously see no reason to advance on these retro owners and SWF/IMG crackers. However, if they really wanted to, they could simply bring up websites among the hundreds that could list retros that have violated Sulake's & Habbo's Copyright Statements. They have the right to pursue anyone who owns, creates, develops, or gains profit from a retro. If they were to begin legally attacking the retro community, they would start with people like Aaron who gain profit from selling Habbo emulation software. Then they would move on to retros which sell VIP and other benefits next would come developers who distribute Habbo emulation software for free. Then we'd see retro owners attacked, and next Habbo Discussion boards. This would take years to complete and then eventually would start back up again somewhere.

There is also some thought that Habbo is going to be closed or is closing -- THESE ARE NOT TRUE. Sulake Generates Millions of Dollars worth of Profit every year, and with every year, they gain more. Habbo is not dying and nor is the retro community. The only thing that has died over the years is integrity.

Jun 10, 2011
Look lets put it this way:
Retros have been around for years and Sulake hasn't seemed enough concerned to make a big impact on how the retro community forms and moves. Even with Retros - They are making huge profits so they obviously see no reason to advance on these retro owners and SWF/IMG crackers. However, if they really wanted to, they could simply bring up websites among the hundreds that could list retros that have violated Sulake's & Habbo's Copyright Statements. They have the right to pursue anyone who owns, creates, develops, or gains profit from a retro. If they were to begin legally attacking the retro community, they would start with people like Aaron who gain profit from selling Habbo emulation software. Then they would move on to retros which sell VIP and other benefits next would come developers who distribute Habbo emulation software for free. Then we'd see retro owners attacked, and next Habbo Discussion boards. This would take years to complete and then eventually would start back up again somewhere.

There is also some thought that Habbo is going to be closed or is closing -- THESE ARE NOT TRUE. Sulake Generates Millions of Dollars worth of Profit every year, and with every year, they gain more. Habbo is not dying and nor is the retro community. The only thing that has died over the years is integrity.
well said my friend :')

Ari

Sep 29, 2010
Habbo just don't give a shit about retros they only cared about their swfs being stolen which is the reason they encrypted them but I'm sure someone will find a way to get round habbos security soon enough

-Jordan-

Feb 19, 2011
SWF's and images are property of Sulake. Everything else is the property of its creator.
And the general idea, Companies sue other companies for taking their ideas, so even if you did create your own swfs and images, it would still be pretty illegal because your using their idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread