Why Can't I Get a Job?

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Well, heres my story and i think i'm fucked.

Alright well i signed up for a trip for next year thats to go to the bahamas with my friends. And right now i have about 900, so i thought hey ill get a summer job and work for the rest of it.
After 2months of repeated routine of everyday applying online, on kijiji, craigslist, or actual business's websites i have not gotten a single phonecall. I also have drove around and handed them out personally. And nothing, this is not only pissing me off but making me sick.

Why the hell is this happening, and what do you recommend that i do?

Edit: i am 18

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Contact information, age, schooling, previous emplyment.(i have two) hobbies, skills, and that's pretty much it. not much seeing how as i am a student

Vair

Sep 19, 2011
Go to your local convenience store first where the person knows you, then if they have jobs available they should give it to you if they know you well enough ;) That will also help you gain some experience to put on your CV to make you look better to other companies etc. I'm only 15 and I got a job at my local convenience store :/ It shouldn't be too hard for you.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
I sure hope that your grammar is better than it is in this thread, if not then that will be the problem.

Anyway, I can't get a job either but then again I'm 15 :p Best of luck and keep looking.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
It all depends on age too. If you are 14 or 15, it is a lot of paperwork for the Employer side. Most places don't like going through the hassle of doing it, so they may have an age limit. Just keep your eyes open.

Mariaah

May 25, 2013
If you ever drop off your résumé to any place, represent yourself good? Dress nicely? Not fancy fancy, but look decent.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
I have the same problem tbh, my CV is sick but I still hear nothing from anyone. Fuck them all.

Kyle

Jul 4, 2010
I have the same problem tbh, my CV is sick but I still hear nothing from anyone. Fuck them all.

I've got an awful CV, but i applied for a job like 6 weeks ago, got it 2 days later started did 2 weeks there then quit, wasn't good enough, to boring for me.
But there's work out there :p

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
immigrants.jpg

Because of illegal immigrants stealing our jobs....

Vinnie

Dec 20, 2012

Post your CV/Resume, I can help. "****" personal information if you wish.

al1ce

Apr 28, 2013
Theres no hope of me getting a job, i got fired from the store down the road
And go around posting it in offices for a laugh, go to McDonalds or something and ask if they're hiring
or look in the newspaper

Keno

Mar 12, 2012
Become a bin man since they're always looking for people to help the community! Also your signature is rather rad.

Donkjam

Professional Moderator
Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
How old are you? Your age probably says it all, go for jobs you may have experience in? Flexibility to work is a great positive and maybe try the closest city/town or high street near you

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
How old are you? Your age probably says it all, go for jobs you may have experience in? Flexibility to work is a great positive and maybe try the closest city/town or high street near you

If you read the post, you'd know that he's 18.

Users who are viewing this thread