Which college is the best for Computer Science and Engineering in US?

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
MIT is the king of kings in terms of anything technology related. I'm a very smart kid, but i messed around too much sophomore and freshman year, so I probably won't have any chance. You should check out UCONN, as that is where I plan on going.

Also if you plan on going to MIT, you really need to work hard. In 90% sure that it's an IVY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
There are so many colleges out there that do Computer Science related courses, don't just settle on one. Apply to a lot of them but narrow it down to 2 things:
- Cost: Can you afford it? Make sure to apply to all the scholarships you can!
- Internship Programs: Don't go to a college that doesn't let you get involved with internships until your last year. Make sure at least your first or second year in college you get to start doing an internship to give you not only the hands on experience but it makes companies say hey this guy has worked at a real business and did some real programming for ___ months/years he must be somewhat good.

The name of the college means shit if you can take the same course, same curriculum at a cheaper school with smaller classes and learn more.

Goodluck to your college hunting

Derpec

Retrosetups.com | Professional, Reliable, Setups
Feb 21, 2012
I've been looking around at IIT Tech Institute called them up and everything. They seem to have some really good programs their that's one college on my mind right now.

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
I've been looking around at IIT Tech Institute called them up and everything. They seem to have some really good programs their that's one college on my mind right now.
ITT tech lol..

Georgia Institute of Technology
California Institute of Technology

engineering depends on what field of engineering

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
ITT Tech I would not reccomend, as they do advertise for being a high class school they infact are one big made up lie lol. They charge a boat load of money, and they rip you off in the end. My uncle and a couple of my other relatives/friends went to ITT Tech and came out broke with nothing to help them, the only reason why my uncle is so good now is because he got a high GPA and grades in college that he was given a full ride to another college and was able to get his degree with internship into a position and they liked him so much, now hes actually the manager making about $40/hour

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
ITT Tech I would not reccomend, as they do advertise for being a high class school they infact are one big made up lie lol. They charge a boat load of money, and they rip you off in the end. My uncle and a couple of my other relatives/friends went to ITT Tech and came out broke with nothing to help them, the only reason why my uncle is so good now is because he got a high GPA and grades in college that he was given a full ride to another college and was able to get his degree with internship into a position and they liked him so much, now hes actually the manager making about $40/hour
What field does your uncle work in?

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
Before choosing ITT Tech, please read on.. Even though their main focus is Computer Science and Engineering, they are a for profit organization (see ). A for profit organization/college pretty much speaks for itself. They want you for your money, not for your needs of education. I went through FAFSA, campus visit, spoke with a student adviser, and so forth. They ended up registering me to their college without me even deciding on going their or not. Even though they registered me, I didn't have to go there because your tuition fees don't begin until the first day of school when you're marked on their attendance. In my personal opinion, ITT Tech doesn't have any kind of acceptance rate. You don't have to take any placement exams, or anything like that. As long as you have a decent GPA and money, you're in.

Here's what it came down to when I was going to go there and claimed myself as independent on FAFSA:

Estimated Program Cost (Includes books, fees, and tools): $45,170 for 2 years (your basic Applied Science Associates Degree).
Estimated Grants, Scholarships, and Benefits: I qualified for $12,932 in Pell Grants & $15,000 in Institutional Scholarships, totaling to $27,932 in benefits.
Estimated Net Program Cost (The final cost you'll be paying in either loans or out of pocket when you graduate): $17,238
Estimated Monthly Loan Payment (To pay off the Net Program Cost): $167

Please also review these statistics as of 2012-2014:
Graduation Rate - 18% :: Retention Rate - 0% :: Transfer Rate - N/A

Please do not let this discourage you from where you want to go. I understand their are other choices of college that is more expensive, and more cheaper. I chose to go to a community college for Network Systems Administration (same as what I would have gone to ITT Tech for) and will be getting my Associates Degree in Applied Science (same as above). Once you complete your 2 years and reach your Associates Degree, you would choose the path of where you'd like to continue for your Bachelor's Degree, and so on. If you have the money and don't mind spending around what I talked about above, then go for it. Also, not everyone qualifies for Financial Aid or Pell Grants.. it all depends on yours and your families income. Don't get me wrong, I would have gone there if money wasn't a problem and knew that they weren't a forprofit organization.

Nonetheless, good luck.

Last edited:

JayC

Always Learning
Aug 8, 2013
What field does your uncle work in?
I can't tell you the exact field but I know hes a manager and he went for some type of Engineer/Computer Science. His job makes giant pieces of metal that go in cars or what not.

Derpec

Retrosetups.com | Professional, Reliable, Setups
Feb 21, 2012
Before choosing ITT Tech, please read on.. Even though their main focus is Computer Science and Engineering, they are a for profit organization (see ). A for profit organization/college pretty much speaks for itself. They want you for your money, not for your needs of education. I went through FAFSA, campus visit, spoke with a student adviser, and so forth. They ended up registering me to their college without me even deciding on going their or not. Even though they registered me, I didn't have to go there because your tuition fees don't begin until the first day of school when you're marked on their attendance. In my personal opinion, ITT Tech doesn't have any kind of acceptance rate. You don't have to take any placement exams, or anything like that. As long as you have a decent GPA and money, you're in.

Here's what it came down to when I was going to go there and claimed myself as independent on FAFSA:

Estimated Program Cost (Includes books, fees, and tools): $45,170 for 2 years (your basic Applied Science Associates Degree).
Estimated Grants, Scholarships, and Benefits: I qualified for $12,932 in Pell Grants & $15,000 in Institutional Scholarships, totaling to $27,932 in benefits.
Estimated Net Program Cost (The final cost you'll be paying in either loans or out of pocket when you graduate): $17,238
Estimated Monthly Loan Payment (To pay off the Net Program Cost): $167

Please also review these statistics as of 2012-2014:
Graduation Rate - 18% :: Retention Rate - 0% :: Transfer Rate - N/A

Please do not let this discourage you from where you want to go. I understand their are other choices of college that is more expensive, and more cheaper. I chose to go to a community college for Network Systems Administration (same as what I would have gone to ITT Tech for) and will be getting my Associates Degree in Applied Science (same as above). Once you complete your 2 years and reach your Associates Degree, you would choose the path of where you'd like to continue for your Bachelor's Degree, and so on. If you have the money and don't mind spending around what I talked about above, then go for it. Also, not everyone qualifies for Financial Aid or Pell Grants.. it all depends on yours and your families income. Don't get me wrong, I would have gone there if money wasn't a problem and knew that they weren't a forprofit organization.

Nonetheless, good luck.

Thanks for the information @Logic, I'll look into this a bit more.

brsy

nah mang
May 12, 2011
I can't tell you the exact field but I know hes a manager and he went for some type of Engineer/Computer Science. His job makes giant pieces of metal that go in cars or what not.
Hmm, sounds like he does make a lot of money as that may actually be a dangerous job if things go wrong. So I assume he has a degree in engineering?

Users who are viewing this thread