Where To Begin?

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Hello,
I am looking forward to expand my knowledge in coding whether that may be PHP, c# Python etc. But i would like to know what you reccommend to start learning with. I already have knowledge in VB.NET and some of HTML. And are there any good books you had used that helped you? Thanks

Kaz

BooYah
Staff member
Nov 16, 2010
What do you want to achieve by learning?
Do you want to build a website? game? application?
Each one varies in programming language

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
What do you want to achieve by learning?
Do you want to build a website? game? application?
Each one varies in programming language
To be honest i couldnt tell you.
At school were learning visualbasic.net its a little unappealing to me seeing as how weak the language is. But i still have not come close to not giving a change to software programming. It certainly has helped me with logic understanding in coding and the terminology. But for now i just want somewhere to start. So after everyone advice i think ill begin on javascript! Thanks!

Try learning CSS & Javascript then go try PHP. goodluck pal!
Thanks! I appreciate your help!

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
If you're learning PHP, I'd recommend these . That's how I started out, in addition to a bunch of trial and error. Once you get the hang of it, just use the PHP manual.

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
If you're learning PHP, I'd recommend these . That's how I started out, in addition to a bunch of trial and error. Once you get the hang of it, just use the PHP manual.
oh damn what a great source to learn from. Thanks for the link, now its time to buckle down and learn and not be lazy.

Sep 21, 2012
I would recommend . A very useful site, much better than any videos and .

Users who are viewing this thread