What's better PC or a gaming console?

Zeddicus

The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race
Mar 23, 2012
I paid 175 GBP (1 year old) for

and a GTX 460 1.25GB
so you can get one cheap lol
but yh pc gaming ftw

Yeah PC gaming is very cheap and far more superior, but let us not forget how easy it is to buy a $200 console and hook it up.

Sketchblah

Feb 13, 2013
Go with PC gaming! You wont regret it. Not everyone has huge budgets i understand that, but you no longer need a big budget to get a decent pc. :D

Crup

weeeeee
Jul 25, 2010
Wrong,
PC can use PS4/3/2/1 (adapter cables needed for the latter 2), Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Xbox. All you need is a receiver or a wired controller (Micro USB cable for PS4/3). I frequently play with controllers on my PC with GTA IV loaded with mods for drifting.

Well, if you are going to use console's controllers then isn't it biases if the question is comparing pc and a console?

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
I'd go with PC gaming. It's more fun to build one yourself and to understand how everything works. You can also keep upgrading your PC over time. Even though a PC will be a 'tiny' bit more expensive, games on PC's are cheaper than consoles and you'll end up saving money.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Well, if you are going to use console's controllers then isn't it biases if the question is comparing pc and a console?
I'm not sure what you mean because that looks like the wrong usage of bias. I think I do though:
The ability to use the controller is what I'm talking about, I only use it because my racing wheel broke, but there are different types of controllers you can use on games too, not just PS4/3/2/1 XB1/360/o.g, I'm also confident that you can use Wii Controllers (but why?) and I know you can use the Kinect too. I personally think for most things that keyboards are better because there's a fuckton more buttons, and there can be ones with a fuck ton MORE buttons than regular keyboards, the only problem is variable amounts of adjustments, you'd need two mice (or one of those neat razer things (but razer)). That's why I use a controller for racing games, because that's basically the only type of games I play, I like having the ability to look around my car (or inside the cockpit most the time) and check shit out, and have minute adjusting abilities to my car.

Then why not just use a console?
Because my car isn't a potato. I want to play at 4k, ultra, a billion fucking FPS, no motion blur, no upscaling, barge loads of anti-aliasing, team speak, mumble, and hotkeys on my headset/mouse/controller to mute myself on all of those individually. I also like to host servers of games I'm playing on, which is easy on my pc, instead of having to buy myself a server just to play for a few hours with my friends and then quit.

The best part is, it's not just a console. You can build a PC for $500-$600 that gets much better performance than a console, and you can do SO MUCH MORE with them. You can even make it give you your money back by mining a cryptocurrency, or doing online surveys.

wite

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
I'd choose PC because you can always turn a pc monitor into a console ..
What the hell, you can't turn a monitor into a console... a monitor is just the screen facepalm.jpg

Anyway, I prefer PC as you can customize it to suit the games you like best.

Users who are viewing this thread