What to do?

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Right, so today I bought a 2TB external hard drive for my laptop only to find out that the damn thing is USB 3.0 and that my laptop is USB 2.0 so therefore won't support it.

I'm wondering what I should do? Is it worth returning to hard drive and getting a USB 2.0 compatible one or buying a kit that can convert USB 2.0 to USB 3.0?

Thanks

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Depending on the size of the 2.0 that you can buy, I would return for a 2.0; But, If you think it would be worth it, you could buy a kit

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Depending on the size of the 2.0 that you can buy, I would return for a 2.0; But, If you think it would be worth it, you could buy a kit
Well I paid £72 for the USB 3.0 2TB, but I can get a USB 2.0 2TB for around £60ish. What do you think?

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
By the time you send the USB 3.0 one back then you'll just be spendin more money..just get a converter
Yeah that's what I thought, but I'm going looking in PC World/Currys like I said on iMessage earlier to check what shit they have available.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
Buy a kit unless you're planning on getting a new computer.
More and more computers are going to end up using 3.0 so you either keep up using kits, or buying new rigs.
I had the same problem so I just bought a new computer, and a Kit and I have to say buying a new computer was worth it.

Beast

Posting Freak
Sep 15, 2011
Buy a kit unless you're planning on getting a new computer.
More and more computers are going to end up using 3.0 so you either keep up using kits, or buying new rigs.
I had the same problem so I just bought a new computer, and a Kit and I have to say buying a new computer was worth it.

Most computers already use 3.0 also, yeah I think buying the kit would be the best option.

Users who are viewing this thread