What resource taught you C#

percocet

Oct 21, 2016
Title says it all.
I really have no working knowledge for C#., and would like to learn but i hate buying a random book then realizing its shit half way through.

Please reccommend,

Genaga

Mar 12, 2015
Learn some basic syntax from Google/YouTube.

Then think of a project, and start. Google what you need for that point and keep learning. Then rewrite it better.

percocet

Oct 21, 2016
Learn some basic syntax from Google/YouTube.

Then think of a project, and start. Google what you need for that point and keep learning. Then rewrite it better.
I have strong knowledge of java, and as far as im aware the two languages have the same syntax and command operators. I just need a good tutorial or MOOC which will fill me in on what I don't know.

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
I love reading books so much, they'd definitely be my favorite resource for learning along with watching videos and reading documentation. But I truly think that trial and error is the best way to enforce a concept, it prevents the "they did it like that so it must be the best way" mentality and kind of forces you to remember things, imo. As Linus said:
Don’t EVER make the mistake that you can design something better than what you get from ruthless massively parallel trial-and-error with a feedback cycle. That’s giving your intelligence much too much credit. - Linus Torvalds, 2001

If you already have a strong knowledge of Java do you really need to learn C#? Might as well get a scripting language or faster language like C++ down, to be frank. :p

Jaden

not so active
Aug 24, 2014
C# is easy, just take a look at the source code for popular apps written using C# for reference while doing a project because you'll never really learn until you DIY.

Kodys

lmao
Oct 24, 2016
Well after a lifetime of learning C# through reading books and trial and error I've became quite the professional with C#. I'm finally happy with my skills with it and I've been able to make the below; hopefully you'll be able to create something as impressive!:)

Last edited:

Velaski

winner
Aug 4, 2015
Well after a lifetime of learning C# through reading books and trial and error I've became quite the professional with C#. I'm finally happy with my skills with it and I've been able to make the below; hopefully you'll be able to create something as impressive!:)
Loving that kody, can you create me a 3d penis? or a girlfriend, i struggle with that one loads.

Seriosk

Programmer;
Oct 29, 2016
It depends where you want to target, which elements and areas you want to cover, although these sites helped me out a lot when I was learning.

I also hung around in , just don't be afraid to ask for a little help from time to time. Also some people enjoy learning by testing, some like watching videos or some just like going and reading long documentation, but anyway.. I have listed something for all types below.

Videos/Youtube Channels:
(Not many videos but still educational and covers small things that you might miss)
(Mentioned before)

Documentation:
Projects to try out:
  • Mess about with some habbo emulators
  • Go and look at paint.net (No longer released but you can probably find an old version of their source code, still helps)
Books/PDF's

When I got stuck on something, I went and read up about it, or watched a video on it, just some tips...

Also this does not apply now but if you do get to where your comfortable with CSharp and want to further your knowledge, I learnt that tools like Code Maid, Re sharper, and Code rush helps a lot with improving the quality of your code. All these tools and more can be found by a simple google search :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread