What is a good host for a habbo retro?

Daltron

Web Developer
Aug 6, 2015
Looking for a good host since hostsavor has shut down.
1. 2GB - 4GB RAM, Windows VPS
2. TCP Proxy Host

I found OVH which offers a 2gb VPS for 12.55$/month
I only found epichosts for a proxy but would like to find another host

Please give me some suggestions thank you :)

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
A client has full access to the files of any service they purchase, we offer assistance through step-by-step instructions and if a client can't follow those steps, then we ensue a charge depending on how long the request takes. Just to be clear I have never charged for 'adding a logo' - a one or two minute job I will usually happily do for free.

Rhyce actually begs for free stuff all the time, and most of which I oblige with until it actually gets to the point where it's taking more time than it's worth doing for free - I'm running a business after all.

(Also Rhyce is still a client with us and doesn't seem to mind coming back to our services frequently despite his post)

Any issues are dealt with in accordance to fair cooperation from both the client and myself as the only staff member of EpicHosts. I can't confirm your identity so I can't share my side of this story, but any issues or complaints we can deal with appropriately or I'm happy to talk about it here or in PM.

We are still 'open' because we actually provide a service that's satisfactory for enough clients to keep us going. But as mentioned above, anyone that wants to deal with any issues either publicly or privately is more than welcome to do so - I'll be here.

-Terrum (Webmaster of EpicHosts.co.uk)
but it takes for someone to write a bad trustpilot review for you to get your arse into gear to do something???

Terrum

Dec 17, 2011
but it takes for someone to write a bad trustpilot review for you to get your arse into gear to do something???
Not true at all - I try my best to get a situation resolved before it even involves reviews. It's 100% down to the client to decide if they can cooperate enough for a solution before even getting a review involved.

That said, if this is your experience with us and you believe this is how you were treated, then I apologise - but I would've probably had a very good reason behind such. I'm assuming this is from years ago though.

69Filip

Sep 26, 2017
Not true at all - I try my best to get a situation resolved before it even involves reviews. It's 100% down to the client to decide if they can cooperate enough for a solution before even getting a review involved.

That said, if this is your experience with us and you believe this is how you were treated, then I apologise - but I would've probably had a very good reason behind such. I'm assuming this is from years ago though.

Give me a free trial of your servers and if it handles my tests, I'll guarantee you a top-notch review at many established forums and communities.

Terrum

Dec 17, 2011
Give me a free trial of your servers and if it handles my tests, I'll guarantee you a top-notch review at many established forums and communities.
Not really looking to offer trials at the moment I'm afraid. I get plenty enough clients that are filling stock and are satisfied enough with what they receive.

Not sure what kind of tests you would need to do either - seeing as our VPS use OVH they would acquire the same performance as any other host mentioned here that also use OVH (e.g 4IT, Xhosts etc). They're dirt cheap, they use HDD - they're not going to perform wonders.

Johno

:: xHosts :: www.xhosts.uk
Sep 12, 2011
There are lots of providers, I have found running a hosting business that is is never possible please everyone and some no matter what you do it is never enough. I will help anyone as much as possible but then there are limits as there are other customers that may need support, other tasks that need to be done such as new node deployments, node management and it will all take time.

I will not comment on other providers services or stories that customers have told me about their services as that would be wrong because I can only really judge something truthfully if I have used the service myself.

What I will say is some people expect too much support at times, for example if a retro owner approached maybe Fasthosts or GoDaddy support to advise "my client is white" or "my emulator will not work" they will not help you at all, if a provider is willing to "help" that is normally on a good will basis and you cannot expect the small host to do everything for free, maybe you are renting a VPS for £10 / 20 a month but that would never pay for someone to be a 24/7 dedicated support tech just for you or your retro to fix all issues. I feel sometimes people need to see the bigger picture when they make a lot of requests as the business needs to cover costs and make a profit for the person running it and that cannot be achieved by ignoring all the other tasks to assist with 1 or 2 retros that are hosted with them.

Bran

mediocre graphics artist
Mar 13, 2017
There are lots of providers, I have found running a hosting business that is is never possible please everyone and some no matter what you do it is never enough. I will help anyone as much as possible but then there are limits as there are other customers that may need support, other tasks that need to be done such as new node deployments, node management and it will all take time.

I will not comment on other providers services or stories that customers have told me about their services as that would be wrong because I can only really judge something truthfully if I have used the service myself.

What I will say is some people expect too much support at times, for example if a retro owner approached maybe Fasthosts or GoDaddy support to advise "my client is white" or "my emulator will not work" they will not help you at all, if a provider is willing to "help" that is normally on a good will basis and you cannot expect the small host to do everything for free, maybe you are renting a VPS for £10 / 20 a month but that would never pay for someone to be a 24/7 dedicated support tech just for you or your retro to fix all issues. I feel sometimes people need to see the bigger picture when they make a lot of requests as the business needs to cover costs and make a profit for the person running it and that cannot be achieved by ignoring all the other tasks to assist with 1 or 2 retros that are hosted with them.
it wasn't even for client white/emu won't work because i know how to fix that, they overcharged me TWICE and i tried to reach out on facebook messenger and emails, their support system is dog shit as the email confirmation doesn't even go to your email so you can verify your account - it's only when i made a bad trustpilot review he actually bothered responding after 2 MONTHS of nothing, awful company don't have a company if you can't promise support

Johno

Sep 12, 2011
This topic always comes up and I hate how out of hand it always gets. It varies on what you’re looking to spend and get out of your server.

Yeh, most things come down to cost at the end of the day, If you are paying a minimal amount you can never expect the very best but in terms of support that is not really a cost issue at the end of the day as maybe some support maybe slower than others but every customer deserves a reply within maximum of a few days at the very worst case.

Terrum

Dec 17, 2011
@NOC Couldn't have said it any better myself. Both of your posts I agree with fully with no exception, and are wholely my experiences with running my business too. Just a shame this community can't see how hard it is trying to satisfy different people and their expectations for a budget service.

Parsov

May 18, 2016
Big companies like AWS and Microsoft provide support which is even worse. In an urgent situation where the issue is from their end they still charge to fix it quicker for you. Or you will have to wait a few days for the service to be back and running I have witnessed this myself. Big Telecommunication Companies are overpriced for that price you could get the same for cheaper. These small resellers and hosting companies need to help all customers some customers more important than others. Even then some of these companies are ran by one person which makes it a challenge to help everyone. There would be someone whos paying double the price you are and is a frequent / important customer. No one will leave them to help someone with a Habbo Retro issue which they can fix themselfs. Besides it's not the Hosting's problem that some people can't code properly. Initially the main responsibility from the hosting is to make sure all services they provide are running properly and smoothly. Any applications they provide they need to make sure when it's given to the customer it's performing correctly. However you cannot blame anyone because you couldn't do something properly.

Daltron

Web Developer
Aug 6, 2015
I don't know what it is about hosting and TCP Proxy but I have both an 4it.bz TCP Proxy and Epichosts TCP Proxy and they are both having issues currently. 4it works for one minute then it doesnt the next. I just need a damn reliable TCP Proxy before I shoot myself.

Johno

Sep 12, 2011
I don't know what it is about hosting and TCP Proxy but I have both an 4it.bz TCP Proxy and Epichosts TCP Proxy and they are both having issues currently. 4it works for one minute then it doesnt the next. I just need a damn reliable TCP Proxy before I shoot myself.

Hit me up on discord with the location you are using and I will look at that for you.

Terrum

Dec 17, 2011
If you're having problems with both proxy providers, then I can't see it being a problem with the proxies. Either your host/configuration is blocking multiple incoming connections from a single IP or (assuming you're using it for Habbo purposes) you haven't configured the emulator to accept multiple connections from a single IP.

Daltron

Web Developer
Aug 6, 2015
If you're having problems with both proxy providers, then I can't see it being a problem with the proxies. Either your host/configuration is blocking multiple incoming connections from a single IP or (assuming you're using it for Habbo purposes) you haven't configured the emulator to accept multiple connections from a single IP.
4it's is a 76% reload error.
Epichosts is a 76% one time and 403 Access is denied.

Your proxy wont even work at all now its off completely for some fuck all reason.
4it's is off as well.
But it works fine on the VPS IP. Sooooo, obviously its an issue with the proxy.

Users who are viewing this thread