What "games" do you enjoy in Minecraft?

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I'm interested in making a Minecraft server, and I was wondering what kind of games the community enjoys playing in Minecraft? Obviously there's survival, which is Minecraft in its simplest form. But there's other things like factions, creative, kit pvp, spleef, etc. You get the idea, there's many different mini games. But which ones do you enjoy the most?

For example, I enjoy the follow:
  • Team based PvP with objectives.
  • One in the Quiver
  • Kit PvP
  • TNT Run
Anyways, I look forward to hearing your feedback. nadeshotFace

Jayseanp

Soooo Bored!
Oct 26, 2013
That would be grate, devbest mc server , and yeh i agree with you i got the same preferences
  • Team based PvP with objectives.
  • One in the Quiver
  • Kit PvP

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
Mini-games like on Mineplex would be pretty sweet but they can get a little boring. Maybe a game that has levels/ranks which will keep people interested if you get me?

Not too sure on what games like this exist on Minecraft as I don't play often.

Doge

Jan 12, 2012
Prison servers, but I can't see one of them kicking off.

What do you think your average online at one time will be? Sure a Minecraft server would be fun but make sure it's worth paying for. Sometimes when on DevBest there's like 4 people online.

lepos

thinking about you. yes you
Dec 11, 2011
One in the Quiver is my favourite.
Kit PVP.
Pixelmon.

Or as said before just a compilation of mini-games like on mineplex would be quite fun.
Mini-games like on Mineplex would be pretty sweet but they can get a little boring. Maybe a game that has levels/ranks which will keep people interested if you get me?

Not too sure on what games like this exist on Minecraft as I don't play often.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Survival, supernatural (magic'n stuff), science and farming. That's me in a nutshell really.

Then there's Pixelmon. I lurv pixelmon.

Zeddicus

The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race
Mar 23, 2012
All you do is play PvP, too bad you're not as good as I am.

I play on the Shotbow Network for MineZ and Wasted, Overcast Network for Project Ares, and the Mineplex server for mixed mini-games and lobby parkour.

But once in a bit I'll play vanilla survival on single-player, after all that was what the game was originally designed for - amirite?

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
All the options given are over played and already exist in almost every form. Having all of them is something not every server has but a lot still do, what you should do is combined some of them with a unique twist that you can't really find anywhere else. Make it fun and challenging, throwing generic plugins in and changing some configuration around doesn't make it unique (Like literally everyone thinks it does, THERE'S ALREADY AT LEAST 400 FACTION SERVERS, PEOPLE). You seam to make a new Minecraft server yearly, barely anyone goes on, and then you shut it down after a little while. Maybe bring some of the members together (@Quackster) to collaborate on a custom plugin that'll change things up a bit, and put some effort into it this time Josh! Don't install plugins and expect the members to come in on their own, might have worked for the first Craftbest but it sure as hell didn't work for the other 3.

I like building in towns around other people (Like the first craftbest) and I also like PVPing, it'd be cool if we could make some really big factions and have them go to war (like countries man). Loads of minigames wouldn't hurt either.

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
UHC is a good gamemode, hardcore is awesome. I think Faction servers are overused and they're always the same.

All the options given are over played and already exist in almost every form. Having all of them is something not every server has but a lot still do, what you should do is combined some of them with a unique twist that you can't really find anywhere else. Make it fun and challenging, throwing generic plugins in and changing some configuration around doesn't make it unique (Like literally everyone thinks it does, THERE'S ALREADY AT LEAST 400 FACTION SERVERS, PEOPLE). You seam to make a new Minecraft server yearly, barely anyone goes on, and then you shut it down after a little while. Maybe bring some of the members together (@Quackster) to collaborate on a custom plugin that'll change things up a bit, and put some effort into it this time Josh! Don't install plugins and expect the members to come in on their own, might have worked for the first Craftbest but it sure as hell didn't work for the other 3.

I like building in towns around other people (Like the first craftbest) and I also like PVPing, it'd be cool if we could make some really big factions and have them go to war (like countries man). Loads of minigames wouldn't hurt either.

I'm not teaming up with anyone.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
You seam to make a new Minecraft server yearly, barely anyone goes on, and then you shut it down after a little while..
I'm not sure what you're on about, the last time I made a Minecraft server was about two years ago, and I shut it down after I got back from Europe because I wasn't interested in it. There was also an upwards of over 30 people online at a given time.
Don't install plugins and expect the members to come in on their own, might have worked for the first Craftbest but it sure as hell didn't work for the other 3.
Once again, there has only been a Minecraft server for DevBest three times. The first time was back in 2011 when it was a vanilla server, and we were all new to the server (and Minecraft), and it was @buzzybee, @Sledmore, @Dayron1234 and a few others. I think towards the end it may have had a small store which was Bukkit? The second one did okay, but not many people played. Then the last one, as I mentioned above was a simple survival world with a mall and the ability for players to create their own towns, which was actually successful (for the time), in terms of players.
Would be interesting, I could make certain objectives once a week or so, where on the weekend all factions would have the option to battle for or something. I also intend to have many mini-games, as the more you have, the bigger the audience you appeal to.

Macemore

Circumcised pineapples
Aug 26, 2011
I'm not sure what you're on about, the last time I made a Minecraft server was about two years ago, and I shut it down after I got back from Europe because I wasn't interested in it. There was also an upwards of over 30 people online at a given time..

What about the one you made that was basically a remake of project ares? Teso was making a map for it and I'm pretty sure other people were too. Alex and I both used hacked clients on there regularly and almost no one was on it ever.

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
What about the one you made that was basically a remake of project ares? Teso was making a map for it and I'm pretty sure other people were too. Alex and I both used hacked clients on there regularly and almost no one was on it ever.
That was just something I coded for fun, and invited people in the shoutbox to play on; it was never a public server.

Users who are viewing this thread