Weird sql error

Proximity

IDK?
Feb 13, 2014
So I have a dedicated server I am running a hyper-v box on it which runs the webserver/sql server

I can connect to navicat on my home pc but not the dedicated server that the web server is beign hosted on

So

226 <-- the main box <-- cannot connect
227 <-- The webserver/sql server <--
My ip <-- I can connect with my pc but not the others

And before you ask yes the ports and shit are open

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
It's navicat..
AKA you're probably using WAMP or something other gay shit.. and are probably not even running MySQL properly..

Notice how your error message doesn't even show the MySQL host? What user is Navicat connecting as? If the MySQL service is running on a different IP address than the server you are connecting from, then you need to grant access to that IP address.

Proximity

IDK?
Feb 13, 2014
AKA you're probably using WAMP or something other gay shit.. and are probably not even running MySQL properly..

Notice how your error message doesn't even show the MySQL host? What user is Navicat connecting as? If the MySQL service is running on a different IP address than the server you are connecting from, then you need to grant access to that IP address.

It does show the host I just didn't say the ip address.

P.S: I am using Centos 7 with MariaDB

Proximity

IDK?
Feb 13, 2014
10 bucks says if you provide me with credentials to work on this I can get it working in under 10 min

It works on my home pc and the MariaDB server is hosted on a linux server...
And I do not provide credentials to anyone

not even my own mother..

This is the configuration:

<-- active and loaded on my home pc
<-- settings on my home pc

<-- configuration on the server
<-- trying to connect to the server

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
It works on my home pc and the MariaDB server is hosted on a linux server...
And I do not provide credentials to anyone

not even my own mother..

This is the configuration:

<-- active and loaded on my home pc
<-- settings on my home pc

<-- configuration on the server
<-- trying to connect to the server
Even if you don't give them to him, I'm sure he'd find a way to get them lol

Ecko

23:37 [autobots] -!- eckostylez [[email protected]]
Nov 25, 2012
226 <-- the main box <-- cannot connect
227 <-- The webserver/sql server <--

psychez.net (ps - you're trying not to show the IP but it's showing in one of those images) (pps - they don't see to be a good host, takes forever for it even show me fingerprint key:
ECDSA key fingerprint is 40:94:ee:e4:53:fc:be:4a:be:5d:ae:94:6c:f9:28:b8.)

now the real question is what is your bind address actually set to in my.cnf ? since you're using hyper-v my guess is you should be using an internal address when connecting in network, and the public IP when connecting from home

Proximity

IDK?
Feb 13, 2014
psychez.net (ps - you're trying not to show the IP but it's showing in one of those images) (pps - they don't see to be a good host, takes forever for it even show me fingerprint key:
ECDSA key fingerprint is 40:94:ee:e4:53:fc:be:4a:be:5d:ae:94:6c:f9:28:b8.)

now the real question is what is your bind address actually set to in my.cnf ? since you're using hyper-v my guess is you should be using an internal address when connecting in network, and the public IP when connecting from home

Oh well it doesn't really matter I have 40GBPS ddos protection and they are a decent host.

Users who are viewing this thread