Weird glitch? I don't know ...

Cedar

Jan 24, 2013
This has been happening to me for a while now, I decided to ignore it and now I just want to know what the heck it means.
This usually happens when I leave my laptop on for a week or 2, sometimes only 4 days.

My laptop has been on for only 1 day and 17 hours this time and this is was usually happens:
119bcqo.png

2lxlds.png

Now it stays like that for like 2 minutes then the 'Windows Live Mail' part disappears, but the little light/halo under the icon stays there till I scroll over some other icon on my taskbar and it happens on any icon like this;
knvig.png

or like this;
34zax6v.png

Also, after I reboot my laptop it goes back to normal ... usually this only happens when my laptop is on for a long time, so I understood at that point because the laptop been sitting there for a while, but this happened after a day and a couple of hours which is why I don't understand.

What the heck is this?

Cedar

Jan 24, 2013
Oh you mean the grey bubble is shown for ages before it disappears, upon hovering over it?
Sigh ...
But, after the little message disappears the little grey bubble stays there and it doesn't disappear until I hover over some other icon, which isn't normal at all ...

Quackster

a devbest user says what
Aug 22, 2010
Sigh ...
But, after the little message disappears the little grey bubble stays there and it doesn't disappear until I hover over some other icon, which isn't normal at all ...
It's always happened for me when I leave my computer on for ages as well. I have no idea what the glitch is called (by Microsoft) or how to patch it. But the best way around it like you said as it's happened to me is to restart your computer. :)

Cedar

Jan 24, 2013
It's always happened for me when I leave my computer on for ages as well. I have no idea what the glitch is called (by Microsoft) or how to patch it. But the best way around it like you said as it's happened to me is to restart your computer. :)

It's great to hear it doesn't only happen to me, lol.
I guess there's a lot of different weird things happening when you leave your laptop on for a current period of time. xD
Thanks for the support!

This happens to me as well. It's been around since the pre-RC days of Windows 7. It's a minor bug so Microsoft is unlikely to fix it.
Haha, I see.
Thanks for the support, that really helped!

Users who are viewing this thread