Website to learn css

Beautiful

May 18, 2013
Hello Devbest,

Well I want to learn how to code css, I can code PHP and things like that but apparently css is easier? I can't find any websites that would help me learn css, think you could help me find one?

Thank's:)

Xorflo

May 18, 2013
Just go along with it. I just saw
"#head" and just kept writing things in notepad++ and checking my site to see progress but
w3schools i would recommend

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Best thing to do in my opinion is to go round other sites and view their sources and use Inspect Element in Google Chrome to find out how things are put together.

If anyone even bothers to suggest W3Schools I'll give you an infraction and delete your fucking post because that fucking site is a piece of fucking shit.

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
FUCK W3SCHOOLS, Go to codeacademy.com.. W3SCHOOLS are pain in the ass, CodeAcademy teaches and goes 1 by 1 and gives you hint if you stuck..

Leader

github.com/habbo-hotel
Aug 24, 2012
I just learned from doing what m0nsta. said. I may not be the best but I learned a lot more in my first week of doing it than my 1 year of trying in w3schools.

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
True, w3schools is out of date and doesn't show you the best way to do things

I suggest taking a look at bootstrap, using others templates to familiarise yourself with the coding etc and then slowly writing your own site from scratch.

Markshall

Русский Стандарт
Contributor
Dec 18, 2010
Although provides some damn good components, I wouldn't suggest using it if you want to learn CSS as it provides almost every element you will probably want which are already coded into the framework so you don't really get chance to learn anything.

I'd suggest just learning from a site or use my Inspect Element technique to learn and then use Bootstrap as you'll have a better idea on how it works and will be able to customise it too.

Mega

Posting Freak
Mar 23, 2013
I learned CSS in my old dreamweaver :p but u can try like suggested

Users who are viewing this thread