[WARNING] Where to buy a VPS?

Logic

Bobby Billionaire
Feb 8, 2012
Okay, not sure exactly where this would be posted but I wan't to mainly focus it to the Habbo community since people are constantly looking for places to buy a cheap VPS. However, this is to direct you to not buy from these people. Please continue reading below.

If you're looking for a cheap VPS provider, do not go with ThrustVPS/DamnVPS. The reason being is because they're absolute shit. Yes, they're cheap and not owned by Habbo kids, but they're completely unreliable and their support is absolute shit too. They've got fast response time, I'll admit that. But the reasoning for technical issues when you ask for it, are dumb or they just avoid your question when you want to know what caused the problem.

3 days ago, I had bought a VPS from them (1 GB of RAM) just to Host my emulator. The first night of using it, I had downtime. The VPS was being disconnecting from their network causing me not to be able to connect via RDP or the VNC. They managed to get it back online for me. The second day, I had the same issue but twice in a different time span. Again, they managed to get it back online for me. Once I told them I'm requesting a refund, the issue finally stopped and hadn't had that problem since.

Here's the kicker. Last night at about 10:40pm my VPS was hit hard by a DDOS attack. I couldn't access my VPS control panel to power down the server, or anything. So I contacted them to see what I can do, and they immediately suspended my VPS. The people who knocked my server offline have told me that they temporarily suspend it for 24 hours until the attack has been reduced or gone. That's all fine and good, but when I ask for updates and get no response for a whole day, shouldn't I be a little pissed? They haven't updated me on my VPS suspension, nor have they even bothered replying to my refund request for such shit service I've been getting.

Some of you may be saying "Oh that's your fault, you should have read reviews." Or, "Oh, already knew they were shit. Blah blah blah." Yeah, I read reviews and they were quite good. But now, they've got to complete shit with everything.

I highly recommend NodeCabin.com or Virpus.com if you're looking for quality VPS'.

Cheers and sorry for the long thread.

Users who are viewing this thread