VPS Advice

KyleJ144

Jan 9, 2017
hey guys I am looking for advise as I have a windows vps and I access it with Remote Desktop and when I link the domain up to and I search it. It comes up that it can't connect to server or something. So would I be better keeping this vps or get one with a cPanel and if the advise is to keep this one then please give me advise on how to get my problem sorted. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Blasteh

Lord Farquaad
Apr 3, 2013
IIS

IIS And yeah all ports are open
Quoting back to your OP, you're better off with a VPS rather than cPanel.

But back on topic, instead of putting the domain in the browser, put your VPS IP. If it still doesn't connect, then it still sounds like a port issue or something else that is blocking the connection. Make sure you installed everything from tutorials, missing something could have an effect on this.

KyleJ144

Jan 9, 2017
Quoting back to your OP, you're better off with a VPS rather than cPanel.

But back on topic, instead of putting the domain in the browser, put your VPS IP. If it still doesn't connect, then it still sounds like a port issue or something else that is blocking the connection. Make sure you installed everything from tutorials, missing something could have an effect on this.
Hey sorry about the late reply as i was trying what you suggestion but anyway i have look through lots of tutorials and checked everything twice and all ports are open but still not working

Core

Nov 10, 2016
Neither do i as i have had problems with the vps and their not willing to help so i am thinking of switching to xhosts

xHosts is A++.
Epic Hosts has always over-charged and is a very unreliable service, it's probably as they don't know what they're doing; not that they don't know.

Also, CPanel would be the better solution, it gives you the many wonders of a simple GUI to configure 'complex applications' on your web server. E.g. a mail server can be set up and configured in seconds, rather than minutes/hours (hours being someone who has not done it before or someone who is doing an intensive configuration).

Users who are viewing this thread