Views on Windows 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Posting Freak
Oct 11, 2012
I personally don't have windows 8 but have seen videos of it and it looks shit to me, more something you'd find on a tablet. Does anyone have windows 8 that can tell me if it is what it seems?

Adrian

Posting Freak
Aug 3, 2012
My mom downloaded the preview they released and it was utter shit I do not recommend it.

DingLyDellmeister

To Ding, or to Dell.
Aug 21, 2011
My uncle put it on my new computer, which annoyed me :mad: - at first it seemed awful, but after a while, it was OK, but windows 7 is still better.

JordanTBH

Sep 4, 2010
It's alright, but I only recommend it if you've a touch screen (I got a cheap 27" touch screen for £99.99 on eBay to play about) the UI is pretty easy to get use to if you've/had the Windows Phone or Xbox but prefer Windows Vista/7.

'A survey finds that even hard-core Windows 8 fans prefer Windows 7 by a two to one margin.'
'Over half of surveyed Windows 8 users prefer Windows 7 - A survey of 50000 Windows 8 users found that over half of them still prefer Window.'
'In fact, a survey of 50,000 Windows 8 users revealed that 53% of them still prefer Windows 7'
says it all really.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
I'm a computer purist, I skiied on Windows 95 and Word Processed on Windows 98. Flash Games started on XP, skipped Vista, upgraded to 7. I've always been comfortable with an updated classic layout. Microsoft made a bad move by making Win8 with tablets in mind, because they've always had the PC market. Abandoning their core to go into a flooded market was a horrible business move.

zMagenta

Posting Freak
Jul 15, 2011
It's shocking for a normal PC. It's just not got the right feel as Windows 7/Vista/Win2000.. The "Metro" theme is shocking.. I really dislike the idea.

The only reason to have this would be on a tablet, but even it though it'd be better not to have Win 8.

Jo$h

Posting Freak
Jul 7, 2010
My issue is that Microsoft has abandoned their bread and butter. PC buyers have always been their life blood and they are moving into the tablet market.

EngeldesTodes

Deutsch Techno-Freak WIR SIND EIN
Feb 21, 2011
i think windows 8 is good easy to use than 7 and vista i am useing it right now

Khalil

IDK
Dec 6, 2011
Windows 8 is not bad, i'v seen lots of videos and reviews about it, but still i do prefer to use win 7 rather than using win 8.
One of the most common reasons for people to prefer win 7 than win 8, is that:
  • Win 7 is so much easy to use, and people are used to it, and so they don't find as hard as using a new version of win.
  • Win 7 is so much compatible with lots of programs/apps, as when your looking for a new program to download, you shall find (compatible with win vista, xp, 7), and no you won't find win 8 unless that company has some good dedicate and non-stop working devs, witch works day and night only to make their products compatible with each and every os (or just new releases of win).
and so more many reasosn to be listed below, you can just google them and find an entire list of full features and what makes win 7 better than win 8.
But still, win 8 can be very good to use for dev proposes, yet again win 7 stays the best.

EngeldesTodes

Deutsch Techno-Freak WIR SIND EIN
Feb 21, 2011
Windows 8 is not bad, i'v seen lots of videos and reviews about it, but still i do prefer to use win 7 rather than using win 8.
One of the most common reasons for people to prefer win 7 than win 8, is that:
  • Win 7 is so much easy to use, and people are used to it, and so they don't find as hard as using a new version of win.
  • Win 7 is so much compatible with lots of programs/apps, as when your looking for a new program to download, you shall find (compatible with win vista, xp, 7), and no you won't find win 8 unless that company has some good dedicate and non-stop working devs, witch works day and night only to make their products compatible with each and every os (or just new releases of win).
and so more many reasosn to be listed below, you can just google them and find an entire list of full features and what makes win 7 better than win 8.
But still, win 8 can be very good to use for dev proposes, yet again win 7 stays the best.
i only use windows 8 to do djing on radio stations it more easier to handle but i miss my windows 7 enterprise pc that i cracked

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
1trKZ

Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread