PC Username Changes - Minecraft.

Nehalem

Aug 31, 2013
If they would add this feature in the future, it will probably not be free; as of they want to make money.

But it would make some users very happy :p I think it's a great idea (even if I don't wanna change my name).

Cronus

Cerberus Founder/Developer
Jul 19, 2013
My thought is to have one... Just one username change for that one minecraft account

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
I personally don't know how I feel about it, as you generally remember someone by their name and/or skin and if you're able to change it, I can see that becoming an issue.

The only way I'd support this is if there were a limited amount of times that you could change it, and there was some sort of fee. This limit people from constantly changing their names to silly things, and make it only for those who seriously want to change it for a valid reason.

Although on the logistic side of things, this would be a huge burden to all server owners and anyone else who has something to do with storing Minecraft usernames, as they are considered as a unique ID at the moment. If this update were to go in affect, they'd all have to convert the Minecraft usernames they have stored to actual numeric ids that Mojang provided per account. This is quite serious as some servers have hundreds of thousands of users registered in their databases. You'd also need some sort of way to notify when a username has changed, which would need a very complex solution.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Looks like they're now adding in the option with the 1.7.9 update.
You won't be allowed to change it just yet though. The feature is there, but they're not opening the doors for name changing until most users play on 1.8.
As for older servers, plugins for login and registration may be required to prevent people misusing the name change thingy..

Afitz200

Apr 21, 2013
To inform you, you can pay to change your username.
It only costs 26.95 USD
Go to:
Then, just signup again. and pay
--
Being able to change your username doesn't seem like a good idea.
A ID system? Thats a terrible Idea, we already have problems with the database systems, why add another query to the process.
I personally dont see a point in that.
Just buy a new account. If you can pay to avoid your ban then pay for a new account. You can IP ban anyway.
--
On a side note, how did you not type your username correctly?

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
To inform you, you can pay to change your username.
It only costs 26.95 USD
Go to:
Then, just signup again. and pay
--
Being able to change your username doesn't seem like a good idea.
A ID system? Thats a terrible Idea, we already have problems with the database systems, why add another query to the process.
I personally dont see a point in that.
Just buy a new account. If you can pay to avoid your ban then pay for a new account. You can IP ban anyway.
--
On a side note, how did you not type your username correctly?
Uh, I would like to keep my K.D ratio on servers, and my donation ranks, etc/.

Users who are viewing this thread