PC Username Changes - Minecraft.

Crusteh

Feb 11, 2013
Hey, seeing as I got my new Minecraft account yesterday (been playing on my friends for ever a year) when creating my account and I spelt my name wrong and spelt Crustrhs instead of Crustesh, so I looked up on numerous forums to see if there was a way to change your name, there is no way unless you contact Minecraft yourself. Anyway, there was loads of big discussions on this topic saying there should be a option to change your username once, and then some said they wouldn't like it be added, because they could avoid bans the server. If they added added a voting system on weather or not to add it, what would you vote for?

DingLyDellmeister

To Ding, or to Dell.
Aug 21, 2011
Well, obviously, the ban list system would have to change, so users have an "id" that remains the same, no matter what their username is. I'd be ok with it, as long as there was a command, or similar, to see someone's username history.

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
Hey, seeing as I got my new Minecraft account yesterday (been playing on my friends for ever a year) when creating my account and I spelt my name wrong and spelt Crustrhs instead of Crustesh, so I looked up on numerous forums to see if there was a way to change your name, there is no way unless you contact Minecraft yourself. Anyway, there was loads of big discussions on this topic saying there should be a option to change your username once, and then some said they wouldn't like it be added, because they could avoid bans the server. If they added added a voting system on weather or not to add it, what would you vote for?
In fact, Mojang has been thinking of the idea. They decided not to make it as of yet, However, they're not excluding that this feature might come in the future.

Changing usernames
We do not currently support changing, editing, or correcting usernames, though this may be a feature in the future. Make sure that you choose wisely; it will be used for your multiplayer persona and is visible to others.

There has been between the developers and Minecraft community recently, regarding how username changes would work. Part of why this has been a lengthy process is that a username change system required the new Mojang accounts system, a new web API, and the game will need to be updated to support server bans using unique identifiers so that players cannot change usernames to circumnavigate bans. If we support username changes in the future, this article will be updated with more information.
Source:

Personally, I too would pay to change mine. Mine is old now, and I've had 2 usernames since I created my user. I'd love to get it up-to-date.

BR4DLEY

Web Developer
Jan 2, 2012
Minecraft is obviously bad with Databases if they think that...

Anyway, i Think this option Should be here :) The name EssenceTNT takes time to say :S

Dzetki

The Prodigal Son Returns
Jul 16, 2010
I think it's a pointless idea, if you can't make a good name when you start why should you change it?
Because you might want to change in the future. Change is good from time to time you know. Having the option there would save time and space for both users and Mojang (Space for Mojang, and time for users).

Minescape

Oct 11, 2013
You can change your name with a plugin and lol theres a command like /whois (Username) ive used that plugin for a long time till i shutted my server search bukkit.org for the plugin :)

Jeffrey

Devbest Indian Tech Support
FindRetros Moderator
Feb 5, 2013
I think it's a pointless idea, if you can't make a good name when you start why should you change it?

Hey Man, Lets say I have my username as Iflyy and overtime i have outgrown the name, Buy a new account or have a namechange?

Minescape

Oct 11, 2013
Hey Man, Lets say I have my username as Iflyy and overtime i have outgrown the name, Buy a new account or have a namechange?
Well buying a new name would be stupid since you cant buy names then you will need to make a whole new account and pay again for that account to play but your point is true if he wants to change his name there are serveral ways ^^

So thumps up for Obadiaah

Users who are viewing this thread