Upgrade laptop or get a new 1080p monitor?

Upgrade laptop or buy new monitor?

• Intel Core i3-4370 (Quad-core)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
Should I get a new Intel Core i3-4370 (Quad-core) for my laptop (with Intel Core i5-2410 Quad-core) or should I get a 1080p monitor for my desktop (Which I just built). Please vote, thanks!

Sysode

Front-End Developer
Dec 11, 2012
It depends on my mood, actually, PC for games, laptop for projects etc.
Ah, we're in the same boat then..

I'm deciding between a MBP or continue upgrading my desktop (for gaming) as I dislike doing it all on one system. Let me know if you think of a way to help you decide :p

Ethereal

Neurotic Male
May 18, 2013
Don't those CPU's use completely different sockets?, it's also usually impossible to change the CPU on a laptop. Unless you take into account the BIOS capability and cooling (It would be unusual for a dual-core cooler to cater for quad without modification.)

I'd go for the Monitor, tbh. :up:

RastaLulz

fight teh power
Staff member
May 3, 2010
What monitor do you currently have? Also, as Ethereal mentioned, are you sure you can even upgrade your CPU?

Jian

Resident Weeb
Contributor
Sep 2, 2011
What monitor do you currently have? Also, as Ethereal mentioned, are you sure you can even upgrade your CPU?
I did the research, you can totally change the core on my laptop! Just the horrible job to unscrew the case and find hidden screws.

Legion

Gaming Lord
Staff member
Nov 23, 2011
Upgrading a desktop is easy, but I would think that a laptop, being compact would be near impossible to upgrade without removing everything. The hassle could all be avoided by buying a new monitor.

Balls

Jun 1, 2013
Don't know about you, but I couldn't trust myself removing parts from my laptop. I would avoid the risk and get a new monitor. Plus, a 1080p monitor is practically a necessity/minimum when it comes to desktop gaming or whatever you do with your desktop; you will notice the benefits immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread