[TUT] XAMPP 403 FORBIDDEN ERROR FIX [TUT]

Jor446

Oct 2, 2011
Hello,

I thought I would share this in case anyone may be having this problem, as it is a common problem...

This will be a relatively quick tutorial as there is not much to do but edit a small text in a config file.

So first, lets make sure we're talking about the same error fix here... if you have been getting an error page while trying to access a page on your habbo retro that looks something like this:

Then we're on the same page here...

• So to fix this error, what you're going to want to do is open up the XAMPP directory located in the (C:) Drive:
Screenie:

• Then you're going to want to open the "Apache" folder, then the "conf" folder, and lastly the "extra" folder. Now you'll want to look down the list until you see "httpd-xampp.conf".
Screenie:
  • Now right click on that, and you're going to want to edit that with "Notepad ++" (an advanced version of notepad that lets you easily organize lines, to put it into code.) You should already have this program. Once you have opened the file, scroll down to line 122 and it should say "Deny from all". There's your problem.
Screenie:
  • Simply change that to "Allow" and click the save button on the top of notepad ++

• You aren't done yet, now once you've saved the changes to the document... open up your XAMPP Control Panel and hit "Stop" on Apache. Then Start it back up. Now go to your Access Forbidden webpage, click that magical refresh button and all of a sudden it works!

I really hope this helped any of you, I don't know if this is a common problem or not, but I've struggled with this error page in the past and I had to figure out some way to fix it. Goodbye!

Users who are viewing this thread