Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Add more screenies

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

iAmRyan

Aug 23, 2011
Hi Guys -- iAmRyan here again with another tutorial! Before we start.. I don't know if this is the right section, Im asuming it is as RastaLulz directed me here.

This tutorial is to help people with the following error using java:

''Java(c) is not recognized as an internal or external command''.

Downloads:
None.

This problem usually occur's running a Runescape Private Server/Bots (With JDK -- Thats what I've oftenly found it in)

To start off, You need to know where JDK is on your computer, follow these steps to find out how:
1) Click start, then hit ''Computer''.
oayrdd.png

2) Double click your C: drive and open ''Program Files'', Or, If ''Program Files (x86) is there, open that.
120jq6g.png

3)Look for java (If you have both program files, it could be in either one, so if it's not in one, check the other)
v6okux.png

4) Open Java, and then open ''JDK(version)'' and then open ''Bin''
14t525c.png

5) Up the top where it has ...JDK>Bin, click beside 'Bin' and a C:/ link should pop up, Copy that and maybe paste it in a notepad file, it's needed.
282hnnt.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we need to make it work...

1) Click start>Control Panel>System&Security>System>Advanced settings
b8wfa8.png

2) After you've click ''Advanced settings" a little box will pop up,hit ''Environment Variables''
2pycgox.png

3) Once you've clicked the E'Variables, Start scrolling through the bottom box until you find a variable saying ''PATH'' NOT PATHEXT
20ue5o7.png

4) Once you've click it (once) hit edit. DO NOT DO ANYTHING YET. Without spacing or ANYTHING, at the end of the writing that's there, put a '';'' (Without the quotes -- no spaces at all) and directly after the ; add the C:/ link you got from the JDK bin.
2ed2w5c.png

5) Keep hitting OK until all the enviro' windows are closed.

If you have done ALL this correctly, Your JDK should have no problem!

Got any question's? Post them below or send me a message! :)

Roon

Mar 31, 2013
When making Minecraft servers with a .bat to increase the ram it'd give me this error - I just searched Google.
Nevertheless, nice job!

Users who are viewing this thread