[TUT] How to run a successful retro!

Adidas

Retro Developer
May 6, 2012
Hello, Devbest. I have seen so many failure retros and it is really pissing me off! It's not hard! So I am here to give you hotel owners a guide to run a successful retro!

What you should have: You should have a VPS or a Dedicated Server to run it on! If not their is no point. Hamachi is terrible! And to run on your PC would make it non-24/7! And it is very unsafe giving your IP out! You should as well, have a Phoenix License! To use the most updated furni,clothes,etc. A good,neat CMS! Customized Habbo.SWFS! A ton of customs/rares!

Some qualities your hotel will need: Your hotel will need to be runned on VPS/Dedicated Server! To make it 24/7 reliable! Find a good person you trust to run it with! Don't hire people to fast! Set a goal to yourself E.G: Im not till 20 users are online and over 300 ! Something like that to meet it! You will need money and time to make this happen!

What it takes: It takes time to put in to stay active in community! Find bugs/glitches and patch them! It will take coding skills. To edit CMS, and do customs and such! It will take many things but, we all got them!

My hotel should definitely have: A server to be 24/7! Cloud fare Ddos protection! IIS Navicat for more protection than Xampp! A nice clean CMS! Custom Habbo.SWF's! Few staff at ! Phoenix License to run on a nice emulator! A forum for people to have fun on and stay in touch in downtime!

If you think you have what it takes to build a retro! Then please do so! If you don't know how to but, you have all the qualities here is

Zeddicus

The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race
Mar 23, 2012
Tool to a successful retro is having a horrible economy, 1c rares and customs and 100,000c start up with 50,000 pixels.
Give staff to everyone who asks, and you got about 100+ online daily (Make sure there's no commands when you give them trial)

Herodog

Apr 20, 2012
And to run on your PC would make it non-24/7! And it is very unsafe giving your IP out!

1. Not true. You can perfect run you pc 24/7 if you can handle the electric bill
2. Why everyone says that? Nothing to be afraid of?
Other than that perfect tutorial :)

Adidas

Retro Developer
May 6, 2012
1. Not true. You can perfect run you pc 24/7 if you can handle the electric bill
2. Why everyone says that? Nothing to be afraid of?
Other than that perfect tutorial :)
It is very dangerous. You can get hacked easier.

Adidas

Retro Developer
May 6, 2012
That is one of most famous ways of hacking! That is why I either do hamachi "which I hate" or VPS

Gajeel

Oct 4, 2011
*facepalm* facepalm.jpg *cloud flare*
CloudFlare doesn't do shit as everybody says, once they got your server IP you're outta way! *bang*

I have never heard of a hacker hacking with a IP. I can be wrong do.
Actually there are many ways on hacking using a person's IP that is why it is best not to give it. Others can boot you up or even infect your computer by sending the file on an opened port you're not using... so it's still dangerous.

And about the electric bill, much better if you get a VPS than a home-PC-hosted hotel. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread