[TUT] How to make Professional Banners with Paint(brush)!

Ultra

Posting Freak
Jan 7, 2011
Hello, people of DevBest. Lately I've had many requests of Banners for their hotel. So I thought, instead of people (like me) adding their pesky '@User' to the banner, why not make your own? It's not hard at all! I am using a mac right now, but I imagine what I'm about to do is available on Windows Paint as well.

Be sure to add the image (If you're gonna add any) to the template before you add anything else.

If your banner still looks a little plain, just use a picture from here: , and add it where ever you want to.

If you want to add any text under the logo, you have to put the logo a little higher on the template than you usually would.

Step 1: Download Paint(brush)

For Mac:

For PC:

Step 2: Once you open the application, go to File > Open, and open the 510x100 pixel banner template you want to use. I might be releasing my pack of 60 banner templates soon.

For this Tutorial, I will be using a simple template.

Step 3 (Optional): If your template doesn't have a black and white outline, be sure to add it as it makes the banner look much better and professional. Be sure it doesn't go over 510x100. Once done, it should look like this:

2zdx5yf.png

Step 4: Once you have the template and outline, you need to get a logo for your banner of course! I recommend using the Habbox Generator, which is located here: .

Step 5: After you find a logo that suits your fancy, right click the image and click 'Copy Image' and Paste it on the banner in your Paint application.

It should look a little like this:

33utkeo.png

If you want to use the HabNew font and want to add the orange bar under the logo, it is very simple to do it. Just copy what I did:

rtny2h.png

Step 6: We got the important parts of the banner done! Now we're on to the text that displays what your hotel offers, slogans, etc.

Be sure that your tool section looks a little like this:

152fifl.png

Select a bit of the bottom part with what you have set on your tools, and it should look like this:

34gnekm.png

For the colour of the rectangle, I did black with 65% Opacity, but you can change it to your needs.

We're almost done here!

Step 7 (Possibly last step): You can download Volter Goldfish here (I recommend Volter Goldfish since it's used on Habbo):

Once downloaded and installed, go back to your paint application and write whatever you want to write about your hotel in the darkened spot on the bottom of the banner.

I recommend using a white font with size 9, as it is easier to read.

Once done, it should look something like this:

2cpygyu.png

This is possibly the last step for people if they don't want to add anything more.

Step 9 (Optional): If you want a fancy speech bubble on your banner, just go here: .

Make sure it goes from:

312a3vl.gif

to:

5o9jsy.png

And then add the point to whichever way you want, or keep it with no point (if you don't understand what I'm talking about, I'll show you the complete banner.

Step 10: You now have a full and professional banner that you can show with pride!

2a7bdp3.png

Who says you need Photoshop to make a good banner? If this tutorial helped you, please answer the poll above, and leave a like :)

St4nley

Apr 13, 2013
Ah! yes this is awesome thanks. I never knew how to get the black label part a little transparent but now i know its opacity thanks! Will help a lot of people 10/10

Ultra

Posting Freak
Jan 7, 2011
I figured the opacity out myself a few weeks ago aha. Don't blame you :p

Ultra

Posting Freak
Jan 7, 2011
The only thing Photoshop is useful for is flash banners, which I'd rather use another software for.

Lee_01

Jun 28, 2012
I've been looking for the exact font for ages! It even has alt key codes. Brilliant tutorial though too! Thanks :) 10/10

Users who are viewing this thread