[TUT] How to make a Minecraft server! [Bukkit]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Clarke

Jun 27, 2011
How to set up a Minecraft server run on Bukkit!

Right, One thing you should know before continuing. I'm not going to add picture's as I added pictures on my last tut, and I got an error and everything screwed up! So I am not going through that again. But I will post a very good tutorial without pictures! (Also, Not portforwarded)

1) Downloads:
---------------------------------------
Craftbukkit:
Minecraft:

Tutorial:
---------------------------------------
1) Click the Craftbukkit link.
2) Download 'Latest recommended build'
3) You should get a file called 'Craftbukkit.SNAPSHOT.jar' (Or something similar)
4) Create a folder on your desktop called 'Minecraft server'
5) Move (Drag) Craftbukkit.SNAPSHOT.jar to your folder 'Minecraft server'.
6) Open notepad.
7) In notepad, copy and paste the following:

@ECHO OFF

SET BINDIR=%~dp0
CD /D "%BINDIR%"
"%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
PAUSE

TIP: If you are running a 64bit machine in 32bit mode, change %ProgramFiles% to %ProgramFiles(x86). (If you don't know how to find out your Bit, Google it.

8) Save that in your 'Minecraft folder' as 'RUN.bat'

TIP: Make sure you DON'T FORGET THE .bat PART!

9)Now once you have 'Craftbukkit.SNAPSHOT.jar' and 'RUN.bat' in your folder, You SHOULD be able to run 'RUN.bat' without and error's or hassle.
10) Run 'RUN.bat'.
11) A Command Promt/CMD window should appear.
12) It should say something like 'Preparing Spawn --%' <-- That's good.
13) When it's all done it should say for more help or something type 'Help'.. (Don't type help unless you want.
14)Close 'RUN.bat'
15)Now you should have alot of files. One of then should be 'Server'. It will be a properties doc.
16) Open it with notepad/wordpad.
17) There is your server setting's. I'd suggest not changing thing's in there unless you HAVE to.
18) Run RUN.bat again, and you should have a working server if you did everything right!

TIP: You should portforward also. I didnt explain it as all our router's are different. (Most). Visit .

If you have ANY question's, Any AT ALL, please, don't hesitate to ask.

Like if I helped you. ;) Thank's for all the support, and good luck with you're server's!

Kanebrah

May 23, 2011
This tutorial would be awesome for people who just left the retro community and want to try Minecraft, simple yet effective well done :)

Benden

maging ang maganda mamatay
Jun 4, 2010
Im lost as crap. I am also using windows 7. Is this for mac?

Dayron1234

Rapnameiszero,cuzIhavezero,toleranceforidiots
Jun 30, 2010
I would recommend this for real beginners.

Ryan Clarke

Jun 27, 2011
My Post's are screwing up on me sorry. This TUT is for Windows. :)

Also, Thank's Muscab. :)

Adil

DevBest CEO
May 28, 2011
Nice tutorial, but for Windows, I'd recommend the MC server.exe file, as it is easier to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread