[TUT] FULL SETUP GUIDE FOR IIS ON YOUR SERVER!(First stages of setting up your retro) [TUT]

Did this help you?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In some aspects!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Tomm

The Legend
Aug 19, 2012
Right, after helping out a few people setting up their IIS, I thought I'd post my own tutorial here.

FIRSTLY;
On your virtual server (whether it be a VPS or Dedicated server) open up Server Manager then under the roles section, select Add Roles. Tick the box next to IIS!

Make sure you tick all of the following when the appropriate screen appears!:

Application Development - (all of the sub-sections of this node should be automatically checked aswell)
Static Content Compression - (Under the Performance section)
IIS Management Console, IIS Management Scripts and Tools and Management Service - (All under the management section)

Click the Install button once you are certain all the above are checked. restart your server if prompted! DO NOT RESTART IF NOT PROMPTED TO DO SO!

Now download Microsoft Web Platform Installer here:

Now search for the following in the MWPI search box (and press add):

PHP 5 (Select any version as long as it is PHP 5.X)
MySQL 5 (Select any version as long as it is MySQL 5.X)
IIS 7 (Select IIS 7 Recommended Configuration)

Once all have been selected, press the install button. You will be prompted to add a password for your MYSQL. It is VERY IMPORTANT YOU REMEMBER THIS for later stages in your retro creation.

To check that you have installed IIS correctly, go to on your virtual servers browser. If you are greeted with a welcome page with 'IISX' in the middle, you have configured IIS correctly on your virtual server.

Users who are viewing this thread